Regular season stats support your basic point. Mik Vaughn
by MPG (2019-04-20 10:15:49)
Edited on 2019-04-20 10:17:17

In reply to: Without a doubt, yes.  posted by SBSwarm

averaged four personal fouls per 30 minutes of play. (I use per 30 minutes because that is about the most minutes per game you can expect from a starting post player.)

I agree with your thought that ND will use a smaller line-up at times because of the lack of inside depth. We have four versatile 5-10 guards in Gilbert, Peoples, Prohaska, and Walker. I was interested to note that you made no mention of Jordan Nixon. She looked promising to me until the injuries began with that concussion in the DePaul game. My guess is that she will be given the first chance to start as the primary ball-handler. I do think that Gilbert and Peoples could play together as co-primary ball-handlers as Mabrey and Young did this season.

I was troubled by Danielle Cosgrove's play on the defensive end. Opposing forwards were out-jumping her consistently. She had only two more rebounds than guard Nicole Benz in 51 more minutes of regular season action and a foul rate of three per 30 minutes. Brianna Turner had a foul rate of two per 30 minutes as a much more active interior defender.

Replies: