Without a doubt, yes.
by SBSwarm (2019-04-20 05:56:43)

In reply to: Will Cosgrove see more playing time next season? *  posted by thethinman

Unless there is an NCAA rule change to allow ten personal fouls before a player is disqualified, Cosgrove is gonna play. Smart, opposing coaches are gonna attack us in the paint next year, I'd guess.

I was encouraged this year by Cosgrove's ability and willingness to get up and down the floor when she got in. And, her lateral footwork on defense was actually above average for her size, I thought.

I also thought it was a mistake for the staff to play her this season as a wing on the offensive end. She obviously has confidence in her perimeter shot, but what I remember from her high school film was her footwork and crafty offensive game in the paint.

I suspect Patterson, Vaughn, Brunelle, and Cosgrove will all rotate at the two post positions next year, if the staff wants to stick with their traditional line-up. However, I suppose we could see a move to a smaller line-up, (Hannah Huffman at the four) like many other teams currently employ.

My feeling, based on everything I've seen, is that we'll eventually settle on a starting line-up of Peoples, Gilbert, Walker, Patterson, and Vaughn, with Prohaska and Brunelle getting 20+ minutes per game. And I wouldn't be surprised if either Abby or Sam supplanted Dani at some point in the season.

Replies: