It is sad to rise to the level where major recruits leave
by NTGD (2019-07-02 18:25:58)

In reply to: Jordan Nixon To Texas A&M  posted by dillon77

I am calling this the era where players feel it is all owed to them. A&M has lost some too. The Aggies are this year's SEC favorite, so he is building a year out

Huffman, Nelson, KMac, and the list goes on
by Murcer68  (2019-07-02 19:14:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Huffman stays and makes a key defensive stop in the National Semi, Nelson stays and is a key part of winning the National Title, KMac doesn't transfer after an awful start to her college career and she becomes an all-time great. It's sad that some women don't stick it out and play through the rough patches.

What if Shepard had stuck it out and not transferred?
by dfw  (2019-07-03 11:51:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, some leave at the first obstacle, but sometimes leaving is best for all involved. Sure more students are moving and probably not always for the better, but we don't know why most are leaving(not just ND, but everywhere) and should respect it.

I think the biggest issue for coaches is that they are not in complete control now. And I think that is a good thing.

I did not mention Spinderella, Taya, or others
by Murcer68  (2019-07-03 17:35:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with the fact that sometimes a move is good for all concerned. On the other hand, I also think people give up too easily these days when things get rough.

Who is Spinderella? *
by hibernianangst  (2019-07-03 21:44:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michelle Marciniak
by Murcer68  (2019-07-04 11:11:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She transferred from ND to Tennessee and won a national championship for Pat Summitt.

Thank you. I thought that might be who you were referencing. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-07-04 11:34:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Refresh my mem. on KMac. I was around but don't remember
by Jon  (2019-07-03 11:46:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how she started.

Interesting to me because she's turned out to be, probably my favorite player to watch. ND and now.

Academically ineligible 2nd semester freshman year
by SixShutouts66  (2019-07-03 13:53:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't know if there were other issues. Also wonder if we might have won an NC that year if she had been eligible for the tournament.

It was just academics. She missed the team so much she
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-03 18:51:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

slept in the ACC!

Great Post and Great Examples
by hempfield75  (2019-07-02 22:44:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus add in BT. Did not have to come back for a 5th year. Could have gone
pro. Granted it was to her best interest to come back. Another one was
Diamond Thompson. She was not a major contributor.But she did come back.
There are hundreds of great examples in many sports where the person
stuck it out and the team and player were rewarded.

...To much me ball today. I also wonder about other influences. She said this
has been going on for quite some time but just announced her intentions to
enter the portal. To me sounds like some one or somebodies were in
her ears.

...I am also a strong believer that the grass is not always greener in the
other pasture.

Now in the age of "the transfer portal "
by tedstheman  (2019-07-02 21:28:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many kids will just leave instead of having to do anything that's difficult. The worst thing the NCAA has ever done, and that's a high bar.

Hopefully the NCAA will relook at this in the near future
by hempfield75  (2019-07-02 22:48:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And decide the portal is not in the best interest of the athlete or the
school. Either modify it or send it back to the way it was.

SEG/Chief