NDWBB photographer passed away yesterday
by RISteve (2019-08-06 08:59:35)
Edited on 2019-08-06 11:30:38

I did not even know his name, but he seemed to be at many games. His pictures were tremendous too. Maybe other Board members knew more about him?

RIP, Mr Bennett

Link, below:

Looks like the original tweet was removed too

Thanks for posting *
by Raoul  (2019-08-07 22:12:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonderful article on Mr Bennett and his legacy.
by RISteve  (2019-08-06 16:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a ride.

Link, below.

How I met Mike
by SBJIMBO  (2019-08-06 12:17:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He and I were students at IUSB taking an extension course called How to Start Your Own Business. I don't recall what he was doing at the time, but even back then Mike knew he wanted photography to be his life's work. I recall over a break one evening he said his ultimate goal was to be ND's photographer, although he wasn't sure he'd be able to attain that since he didn't know anyone at the university. It was less than 5 years later that he reached his goal.

Nicest guy you'd ever meet.

He has been around forever
by ND8486  (2019-08-06 09:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can remeber him on the field going back to my student days.

Great guy and always professional and really knew how to work those tough subject shots.

Worked virtually all ND sports as well as non-sports events
by Kayo  (2019-08-06 11:47:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. Nice man.