Wow! Thanks.
by BabaGhanouj (2022-08-26 16:51:00)

In reply to: "Complete Unknown" should be the team's slogan for 2022 and  posted by MPG

Have you ever thought of putting together a Volleyball Recruiting Report that you could ask the Board Ops to place permanently at the top of the page?

I stumble and bumble my way into volleyball recruiting info,
by MPG  (2022-08-27 09:36:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so I don't think the equivalent of Dillon's WBB report would work. For example, I never see anything about prospects linked to ND before they commit.

I have more interest in volleyball as an observer than as a fan. My special interest is observing how Salima Rockwell builds a program as a first-time head coach. She has brought in an entire new staff (including video coordinator) and none of them have previous ND connections. She was left with a roster that didn't have enough players for a full practice and started building a new team. This also interests me because ND has also hired first-time head coaches in football, women's basketball, and swimming.

Coach Rockwell first came to my attention when she was the commentator on the NCAA championship broadcast last December. I had never watched that event before and thought that I learned more about the sport of volleyball, than I had from any of the other rare times when I watched volleyball telecasts. A month later, she became ND's new coach and I have been watching the program closely since then.

Cool story
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-08-27 10:16:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess I'm sort of the same way, but I never heard of Salima Rockwell. I am not a fan of all the inbreeding that goes on at ND—legacy admittance, lack of outside hiring, lack of diversity in students and elsewhere, so I also am interested in the program in that way.

I also admire the incredible skill and coordination that goes on in the sport.

OK, not great, but something to work with.
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-08-26 21:50:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't expect to win a set against Texas Tech.

Chemistry seems to be there
by RocketShark  (2022-08-27 14:12:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and we saw some moments of decent offense. Took a little time to get going. Avery Ross had some nice kills and there were contributions from many starters. Got a little concerned with Hattie Monson's leg cramping up. But I liked one moment when she was down and still managed a dig.

Team has hit rock bottom.
by hibernianangst  (2022-08-26 23:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Texas Tech is an average team on their best day.

Nowhere to go but up.

I once witnessed "rock bottom"
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-08-27 08:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw a volleyball game where Bryn Mawr played Swarthmore. Bryn Mawr lost 25-0. (I was surprised Swarthmore never made a service miscue.)