Anyone use Simplisafe?
by Rockbrig97 (2019-10-17 19:32:46)

I've been in the market for a new home security system and just got a mailing from Simplisafe. It appears to be everything I want out of home security, but figured I couldn't move forward without some BR feedback.

Yes, agree with all below.
by manofdillon  (2019-10-18 10:28:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've only had it for about 8 months, and fortunately have not had an incident to see how well it works in action, but it was very easy to install and the interface is easy to use. And the price can't be beat.

Had it at my last place
by ChicagoWave03  (2019-10-18 10:18:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was generally pretty happy. At times the app could be a bit buggy, but for the most part it worked pretty well.

I wanted some more camera technology at the new place though so chose to go a different route.

I agree with this
by jreednd  (2019-10-18 11:04:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am generally happy with it. But we have installed three Ring cameras and I love them, and would happily replace SimpliSafe with the Ring security system if it makes financial sense.

Yes. I have had it about a year. It works very well, no
by HoundDog1973  (2019-10-17 22:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

complaints at all. They offer discounts regularly and they often throw in a camera for free. The camera is fine for my use, which is the interior of the house. I don't have any outdoor cameras and I don't think that they offer any.

Yes and it’s fantastic. Highly recommend * *
by MDDomer  (2019-10-17 21:53:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh, and of course, Michigan sucks)

No, but I stole the yard sign of one user for my place. *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-10-17 21:49:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve had it for a few months
by bmoreirish  (2019-10-17 21:44:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No complaints, though thankfully I haven’t had to test it’s full capacity. Very easy set up, the app works perfectly. Much cheaper than Nest and no contracts like ADT. I agree with below that cameras are a weakness, especially if you want outdoor cams.

Had it for 5 years. It has been great,
by Room 303 Alumni  (2019-10-17 21:33:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though I wish the camera were better.

For that price point, it is very good

Excellent DIY.
by Jurassic  (2019-10-17 20:39:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the camera is subpar and nixed it right away and have a separate nanny cam system setup. The monitoring fee is worth the app for the system alone. I like being able to add additional equipment to my system as my needs change. They're coming out with a doorlock that will still work on the cellular signal and not just Wi-Fi. The newer system they released works on both a cellular and Wi-Fi setup.

I agree that the camera is subpar, but the rest is good *
by irishguard78  (2019-10-18 14:28:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post