clearly something that he's earned through years of hard
by jt (2018-01-17 13:03:57)

In reply to: Charlie Jr. is Kiffin's new OC at FAU. *  posted by Irishdemon

work and dedication to the game, putting his time in at the lower levels of the game, and years of experience playing and coaching.

But why would Kiffin do this unless he thought the kid was
by VaDblDmr  (2018-01-17 20:26:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

really the best choice? I'm guessing Charlie doesn't have naked photos of Lane . . . .

Can't blame either Charlie Senior or Junior
by jbrown_9999  (2018-01-17 14:21:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I helped launch my kids' careers by having them work part-time for my company to gain experience and then using my contacts to get them really good jobs. As a result, they leapfrogged most of their peers career-wise.

Charlie Sr. just did the same thing for his son. Without knowing any details, I would guess that Monte Kiffin did the same for Lane as well.

Before folks start to throw empties, just commenting that a parent wanting to help his kid is a natural thing no matter what.

Agreed. *
by Vairish84  (2018-01-17 19:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kiffin at least played the game
by jt  (2018-01-17 15:39:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all through high school and then at Fresno State.

Charlie, Jr couldn't even be bothered.

St. Joe made the state championship game....
by supernd  (2018-01-17 20:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember watching it on TV. There was Jr. On the sidelines carrying a clipboard. At least he didn't have a headset on. Honestly, I don't know he can coach kids at the D1 level and get on them and have their respect.

Weis family has really struggled finding coaching jobs
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2018-01-17 13:52:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy to see some good fortune come their way.

He’s spent his whole life taking mental reps.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2018-01-17 13:38:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Developing his football IQ while avoiding concussions. He’s ready for this.

Oh yes, the tutelage he’s received is titanic. He can call
by Inigomontoya  (2018-01-17 13:45:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Senior for tips. This is a 2 for 1 deal.

and by 2 for 1, I assume you're referring to the multiple
by jt  (2018-01-17 13:48:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jimmy John's orders with extra roast beef and extra mayo.

Of course. So...Junior was with the ATL Falcons and the
by Inigomontoya  (2018-01-17 15:56:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

falcons offense was crap this year. Was it truly Sarkisian causing the anemic offense or actually Junior behind the misery?

How this kid at 24is named an OC is silly. Goes to bama. Meets Kiffin. Kiffin leaves. Sark shows up in bama meets junior.

Sark goes to Atlanta and Junior follows.

Kiffin hires him away to an OC role.

This is Kiffin not wanting to be threatened by someone experienced.

And junior being Peter of the Peter Principle.

Weis sr. should never been a head coach.

You talking about Chaz or Lane? *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-01-17 13:21:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is this the ballad of Chazzy Lane? *
by cujaysfan  (2018-01-18 11:20:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

both *
by jt  (2018-01-17 13:47:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, neither one of them can hold a candle to Joe Buck!
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-01-17 13:48:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think NDNation, as an entitled fan base, should transition its loyalty to FAU. I really think it would teach us an appreciation for stuff. Corporate greed!

when you have a long and distinguished playing career
by cujaysfan  (2018-01-17 13:17:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to draw from - who needs extensive time paying your dues?

Get your yucks in now jt *
by MR_IRISH  (2018-01-17 13:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post