The disdain for Sampson is really overblown...
by DawsonMayes871 (2018-02-09 09:57:44)

In reply to: Don't miss this chance folks. (link)  posted by Papa November

...though the appeal of an event like that is something I don't quite understand. And the description of the recruiting class is either someone with a great sense of humor or a staggering lack of awareness.

No, he's an asshole
by Rocket7  (2018-02-09 13:00:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When ND was recruiting the safety a few years back that ended up not qualifying and going to Oklahoma, he couldn't wait to jump on twitter and breathlessly tell us all the exact reason behind the decommitment, never mind that it was potentially embarrassing to the 18 year old kid who was going through the process.

How many assholes do we have on this ship, anyway? *
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-02-09 14:19:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm surrounded by assholes! *
by Rocket7  (2018-02-09 15:01:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s just as much in the business of collecting “likes”
by golfjunkie17  (2018-02-09 13:57:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and retweets from his homer followers as he is in reporting on ND football fairly and without bias.

I forget more about football in a day
by HTownND  (2018-02-09 11:47:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Than that ass clown has ever known.

And if he wasn't such a raging dickhead about it, the disdain wouldn't be there. But he's always thought he was smarter than he is, and has always been a condescending twatwaffle.

No one should give two shits and a fuck what he has to say about ND football, or anything else for that matter, because he's a self righteous blowhard fuckstick, and that's being nice.

He's not as smart as he thinks he is, but that sure as hell doesn't stop him.

I'm sure he'll read this thread, laugh, think he's still smart, and then go to his twitter bubble circle jerk to talk about it, and it will be CRUCIAL

In other words, he's the perfect guy
by NDbias  (2018-02-09 18:18:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to shill for BK

Nice!!
by Cliff Claven  (2018-02-09 15:32:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"self righteous blowhard fuckstick"
Can I use that?

Cliffy

You, sir, have the best words. *
by BottleofRed  (2018-02-09 13:55:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Co-sign. *
by PeteatND  (2018-02-09 13:11:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the main issue with Pete
by Bruno95  (2018-02-09 10:30:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that he is a literal dickhead. I believe his head comprises a corona, glans, and meatus. I do not know why this is, just like my company's IT department does not know why I just conducted the Google search I did. The search was for "corona penis", because I remembered that the base of the penis head is called the corona. When I went in for a vasectomy, the doctor said, "we'll just sever this at the corona," then laughed to himself. "Don't chuckle while you're holding a knife near my shaft," I said. "Dude, I just said I was going to cut off the end of your penis." I lost a lot of respect for the University of Grand Cayman medical school that day. Pete Sampson looks like the end of a penis. While he thinks his recruiting news and snarky comments are a rich, white rope of knowledge, they are in fact yellow. There is no life inside of his work. I wonder if my doctor went into his neck and severed part of his brain stem, thinking it was his vas deferens. Guys from his med school have made worse mistakes, I'm sure.

Deferens did it's job, BrunO *
by ThreeD  (2018-02-10 16:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you *
by airborneirish  (2018-02-09 14:06:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another masterpiece. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2018-02-09 11:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

White Rope of Knowledge to RHG *
by Papa November  (2018-02-09 11:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I need a twitter handle to start complimenting Sampson on
by Inigomontoya  (2018-02-09 15:31:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his ropes of knowledge that he constantly spews.

He's a person of average intelligence with access
by tdiddy07  (2018-02-09 10:52:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who gives that access to other people of average intelligence without it. Sooner or later, that misleads him into thinking he actually knows what the fuck he's talking about, which makes him think the people giving him access know what the fuck they're talking about.

I think that's probably the best argument
by DawsonMayes871  (2018-02-09 10:32:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nah. He's a twatwaffle. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2018-02-09 10:18:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If anything, it’s understated. He’s a shill and
by MDDomer  (2018-02-09 10:16:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not remotely close to being a journalist.

Jack Nolan is a shill. As someone who used to read...
by DawsonMayes871  (2018-02-09 10:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and still listens in on the Irish Illustrated podcast from time to time, Pete isn't. I feel the vast majority of people who label him as such cherry pick quotes and use them out of context--and probably resent him poking fun at the billboard/NDN. His job entails following high schoolers make their first important life decision then opine on their collegiate careers...and his client base is an ultra-passionate group of sometimes completely irrational people on a message board. If he didn't have a sense of humor about it he'd probably go nuts.

I don't really see how he's all that different than Mike Frank other than he's not a "friend of the board" or Lou Somogyi or O'Malley or whoever. If you're looking for great journalists then beat writers for college teams probably isn't the spot to look.

Jack's employed by ND to do their broadcasts & video product
by El Kabong  (2018-02-09 21:01:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he's "touting party lines" or whatever, I would expect that to be part of his job description.

Pete, allegedly, is employed by an independent organization that is supposed to provide ND-related news to its subscribers. If he's "touting party lines" in the interest of maintaining "access" or getting special scoops, that's bullshit.

Completely agree. *
by Revue Party  (2018-02-11 14:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nolan is often preposterous, inexcusably so *
by ACross  (2018-02-09 22:12:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he’s less of a homer than most of the ISD guys
by Irishaddict  (2018-02-09 14:15:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only difference as you note is that he doesn’t appreciate ND history or the ND fan base appropriately. Otherwise, I think he’s fine.

I think that's part of the problem.
by tdiddy07  (2018-02-09 15:21:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He tries to present himself as this reasonable guy who sees both sides of each potential issue in complete ignorance of big pictures trends. He'll throw both sides of something a bone so it looks like he's being thoughtful and then wait for the winds to shift and jump on board whatever side seems safer.

But he has no original insight, he's not particularly capable of evaluating any big picture issues, and he takes anything an ND logo says at face value. So when he inevitably repeats whatever the ND logo says, people say, "Look at Pete Sampson. He's reasonable. After all, he even thought one hypothetically might have been justified to fire Kelly after a 4-8 season. I can trust what he has to say. Yeah, the fact that Swarbrick removed something from his bio after he was deposed and wanted to distance himself from the role that he previously advertised is not of any importance because people update their bios all the time and take out trifling things like being longtim GC for USAG and leave in helping Indianapolis host the 1991 World Gymnastics Championships (after listing four other events his group helped get) or being awarded the Pathfinder Award from Youthlinks Indiana. I mean who the fuck is he kidding. Of course, he removed that to distance himself from what was going on. Does that mean he's guilty of something? No. But it takes a certain kind of dumb to think it wasn't directly related to distancing himself from potential (even if unmerited) controversy.

That's a lot more dangerous to seeking and reporting on truth than the most earnest homers.

Nolan is a shill and Sampson is as well
by jt  (2018-02-09 11:03:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

right after the Stanford game he posted some nonsense about "forget the last few weeks; if I had told you in August that we would be 9-3 and in the conversation late into November for a birth in the playoffs would you have taken it?"

That's a shill thing to say, and he constantly does shit like that.

It's a lot easier to be big-picture reasonable
by tdiddy07  (2018-02-09 11:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when you're ignorant of what great programs look like and you believe your sources about how tough it is to win at ND because you need to to keep your subscribers clinging to hope for tomorrow.

So wait...
by DawsonMayes871  (2018-02-09 11:13:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...you're not going to be the 41st person in the audience this year?

Easy there.
by Papa November  (2018-02-09 14:19:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It said, "NEAR" forty people last year. jt may very well decide to be the 39th. Or given our Heislerian use of language and ND, he could be 31st.

It really isn't. He brought it on himself and
by ThreeD  (2018-02-09 10:11:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

conducts himself quite immaturely/ unprofessionally. Whatever is brought down on him, he owns.

Letting pricks off the hook enables bad behavior.