Good move for Cleveland, Green Bay and Kizer
by Raoul (2018-03-10 09:12:37)

In reply to: Deshone Kizer to the Packers  posted by Big green f

Cleveland now has Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon. Now they don't need a QB in the 1st round (and certainly don't need to take Darnold at #1 - let someone else make that mistake).

Green Bay gets a nice #3 QB to develop. Hundley they now no never can be a #1 IMO. Nice solid QB at #2 though. But Kizer could, with develpment, become a true #1.

Kizer - gets to learn and get paid while playing for a good team in a good culture.

Yep. It’s like he won the lottery. Very happy for him *
by sprack  (2018-03-10 14:20:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Cleveland is smart
by JayInTx  (2018-03-10 10:40:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they should take Barkley first overall as I doubt he’s still there at #4. Then they have options to pick their guy or trade down at 4. If I were to guess, I think they pick Josh Allen at 4, but if they like Rosen or Mayfield more, they should trade down.

Tyrod Taylor with Landry, Gordon, Njoku, Barkley, and Duke Johnson while grooming your franchise QB would be a great start for them.

I still think they'll take a QB at 1
by Groundhog  (2018-03-12 23:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless you think the four main guys (Allen, Darnold,Mayfield, Rosen) are interchangeable, the one they want isn't likely to be available when they pick again at 4.

I agree. This is a good plan
by Raoul  (2018-03-10 11:28:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially if want to win 10+ games in next 4 years. I know, sounds crazy but very possible.

If they take Barkley and then an OL at 4 (Quenton Nelson!) and then go heavy D the rest of the way they will have tons of building blocks.

Maybe pick up a QB in 3rd, and keep the best of Kessler or Hogan to round out QB (maybe one can go on Development squad for a year).

It's a QB league/game
by irishrock  (2018-03-10 12:54:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you think ( and I don't see the "chosen one" this year) you can get a 10 year QB starter...you take him.

Just my two cents after watching Tom Brady make millionaires of coaches/GM's who hung around him and the Patriots the last 15 years.

If I were the Browns, I'd seriously consider taking Barkley at #1 and Nelson at #4. Heavily consider it.

And better weather, too!
by dbldomer7375  (2018-03-10 10:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cleveland was always dreary in the winter.

CLE could be
by widespread irish  (2018-03-10 10:11:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trading their #1 or #4 pick, but they are still drafting a QB. I don't believe they feel Taylor is a long term solution.

Agreed that it is good for all parties, especially Kizer, but they are still taking a QB in the first round.