Does the purple line run on NW game day Saturdays?
by DakotaDomer (2018-10-16 07:23:55)

In reply to: Northwestern game questions  posted by EFH4ND

Or does it remain off?

Take the metra. Purple line doesn't run from downtown on
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 13:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

weekends. Metra is a one beer max ride from ogilvie / clybourn

Metra also goes to Evanston. North line.
by Domer84  (2018-10-16 09:58:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The train stop is at Central, 2 blocks from the stadium. I don't know the current Saturday schedule. It used to run every hour on the weekends.

That’d be the way to do it.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-10-16 11:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The UP-North line leaves Ogilvie at 8:35 (and then every 2 hours), arrives at Central St in Evanston in 30 minutes. Makes a stop at the Clybourn stop near Armitage about 7 minutes after departing Ogilvie if you live in Lincoln Park/Lakeview/Wicker/Bucktown/et al and don’t want to backtrack to Ogilvie.

Now you don’t have to look it up, DD.

Plus
by HTownND  (2018-10-16 13:36:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Metra allows drinking. CTA does not.

Thanks, I did look that up too
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 12:25:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I live directly next to the brown line so I try to use the EL but I can get to the Ravenswood UP-N stop pretty easily and looks like I'll save some time.

I was going to say
by HTownND  (2018-10-16 13:35:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you are north of the Ashland/Corland intersection, there are other stops on the way, including Ravenswood.

If you are really far north, there is a Rogers Park stop, but at that point, take an Uber.

are we f'ing neighbors?
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 13:26:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm near the sedgwick brown line stop

Thank goodness no
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 14:20:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just kidding, I miss living in that neighborhood

But you're nowhere near the Ravenswood UP-N stop

Ah no I'm not but I miss spacca napoli
by airborneirish  (2018-10-16 14:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would drive down from evanston back in the day to grab some good pizza.

Only between Howard and Evanston *
by El Kabong  (2018-10-16 07:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So can we take red line to Howard and purple to Central? *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 08:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, and it takes a while
by El Kabong  (2018-10-16 09:00:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did that for a Northwestern vs Iowa game a few years back, took for-ev-er.

It looks like it’s going directly to the ND Chicago tailgate
by DakotaDomer  (2018-10-16 15:41:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For those who are paying $60 a head to attend that event

From downtown, it would be over an hour...
by Kbyrnes  (2018-10-16 10:09:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...It doesn't take all that long for the trains to get from here to there, but there is time walking to and from, and waiting for the trains to arrive.

Those purple lines aren't frequent.
by harmonica  (2018-10-16 12:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I should know, I used to commute from Lincoln Park to Skokie.

Right. The Purple line runs back and forth all day...
by Kbyrnes  (2018-10-16 08:59:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Saturday, with trains about 12 to 15 minutes apart. The last train back to Howard leaves Central at 12:17 a.m.