Get off my lawn.
by DillonFightSong (2022-07-27 12:31:56)

In reply to: Freeman Foskey and Mayer did a Hangover parody  posted by 84david

This video doesn't do much for me, but it's not embarrassing, and the kids seem to like it. Following college football in 2022, I increasingly feel like Burt Reynolds in the second half of Boogie Nights.

Disappointing from this 80’s alum’s viewpoint
by sjdomer  (2022-07-27 20:51:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t think it was entertaining and makes me think we’re trying so hard to be like all the programs that so many on this board rail against on so many levels. Would much prefer the ND I knew staying true to itself than trying to fit into what college football has become.

And what's Rock doing in those car ads? Focus on Drake! *
by Keenan4w  (2022-07-28 09:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same. I suppose it's well done.
by tdiddy07  (2022-07-27 15:55:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But why it was done is a little murky. I don't think it's going to bring new eyeballs to the actual game, so it comes across as just a bit self-absorbed to think the world cares about the Shamrock Series generally, or that game in particular, enough to put in the production value that was needed to make that. But our student-athletes and coaches come across well. And there was marginal entertainment value.

ND can use it as a way to help with NIL.
by MobileIrish  (2022-07-27 16:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m assuming the players did not receive any compensation for the video. The video certainly helps Mayer and Foskey gain recognition. They could potentially use that recognition for future NIL deals and professional endorsements. ND has a lot to offer in terms of NIL that doesn’t require murky payments from collectives.

I feel like Wilford Brimley at the Teen Choice Awards
by Tex Francisco  (2022-07-27 13:42:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I now find this entirely relatable.