I believed the law of averages reasoning too.
by wearendhockey (2024-02-13 12:29:18)
Edited on 2024-02-13 12:30:48

In reply to: It's heartbreaking to me that we need to move on from JJ  posted by DakotaDomer

Even after 2019. Knowing that the BCs and North Dakotas and Michigans of the world lost a lot more than they won in the NCAAs I assumed if we continued to make the tourney with good teams, we'd win it at least once. UMD in 2018 and Michigan State in 2007 were not generationally great squads, but they found a way to a title.

JJ has been great, and literally built the program from being nothing more than an afterthought, both in the sport and at Notre Dame. He took the potential and turned it into something real. But if there is nothing but mediocrity or worse for 7 or 8 straight years that can all come apart and take forever to rebuild. If it ever would be rebuilt. We're five years into that now.

We're really no better over the last 5 years than we were from years 3-9 of Poulin's tenure. The potential this program had then made that not good enough. The history this program has now makes the last 5 years not good enough today.

Replies: