How did this team lose 4 games? *
by Ibleedgreen (2019-04-10 20:28:24)

This user did not provide content for this post

Were this post and the responses edited?? *
by DavidAddison  (2019-04-12 16:07:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The UConn and Baylor losses are understandable
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-11 07:45:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not so much the conference losses and the slow starts down the stretch.

For UNC game ND had a starter down * *
by cbiebel  (2019-04-11 15:20:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In my opinion ...
by CJC  (2019-04-10 22:11:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the consensus (not the unanimous opinion) on this board about Geno consistently underappreciates just how difficult it is to repeat and to win with the biggest bull's-eye in the country on your back.

I'm extremely proud of this program, the staff and the players. But if it were as simple as fielding the most talented lineup, this team wouldn't have lost a game.

Again, that's not meant as a criticism, but an observation of the enormous challenge they faced all season long.

And they responded admirably to that challenge. Along with their obvious skill, as reaffirmed by tonight's draft, they were incredibly resilient -- in individual games and over the course of the season.

This Team Proved How Good They Really Were
by hempfield75  (2019-04-10 23:54:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Down by as much a 17 points, this team did not claw their way back into
the game. They showed the world how good they really are. They came within
seconds of doing the impossible. You can not fault them for coming up short
by 1 point. They gave it their all and left it all on the court.

...This team was normally a slow starting team as it is. But the amount
of pressure on these women to win is unreal. Everyone every day is telling
them your going for history. That in itself is incredible to over come.
They than had to come back from a 17 point hole. Against probably the
best offensive and defensive teams in the country. Baylor also substituted
more than the Irish. I am so proud of this team. I believe I can say this
is my favorite ND BB team ever. I have been following ND for over 55 years.

...I caught the tale end of Jackie's interview after she was selected
number1. I kept asking myself, Who is that that just went number 1. When
they said Jackie's name, I had to go back to the bathroom. Did not
recognize her out of uniform. Arike I recognized the 2 bigs, but most of
the rest looked totally different out of uniform.

...Does anyone have a time machine available...Thanks

SEG/Chief

They should never have lost 4 games. Conclusion? *
by hibernianangst  (2019-04-10 22:01:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw this is the 1st team to have all 5 starters drafted *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-04-10 20:55:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From post above
by SixShutouts66  (2019-04-11 00:14:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tennessee is the only other school to have that occur with college players, in 2008. Candace Parker was taken first. Alexis Hornbuckle was drafted fourth. Shannon Bobbitt and Nicky Anosike went back-to-back in the second round and Alberta Auguste was taken in the third round.

UCONN, among others, has had several teams which had all five starters drafted eventually - just not in the same year.

We can at least hope this helps recruiting
by NDoggie78  (2019-04-10 20:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has to say something about player development at Notre Dame

Let’s give credit to Muffett and staff and hope this translates down the road (or immediately)

We are getting a lot of exposure

Hard to tell
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-11 07:50:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back to back NCs on top of this would have been nice, but recruiting has so many other factors involved that predictability is tough.

And Jackie & Arike Backed That Up in Interviews *
by dillon77  (2019-04-10 22:06:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great Draft for ND
by hempfield75  (2019-04-11 00:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was not just the 5 GREAT players getting in the first 2 rounds that
should get every recruits attention. It is also the word out not only
their mouths but also the ESPN experts. They were all very good if not
excellent in words towards the players and team.

...I would like this show to be an effective element that leads to us
securing some great recruits like Marshall, Clark, Fudd, DeBerry,
Watson, Wesbeld, and any grad transfers.

...If this show was the National Championship. We won it hands down.

Again great job and Thanks to all the players and coaches for an
incredible year.

SEG/Chief

I know right? The beautiful mystery of this game i guess. *
by Jon  (2019-04-10 20:31:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post