Really? In a Grinch Mood? Trolling?
by dillon77 (2021-12-24 11:00:49)
Edited on 2021-12-24 11:45:14

In reply to: A Great Hall of Fame Coach Tarnishes Her Legacy  posted by NYC Fan

..this subject is days old and you're bringing it up now?

Let's take this at another level: I'm a WBB fan, albeit an ND alums and strong supporter and fan of this program, who happens to post on both McGraw's Bench and The Boneyard.

Yesterday, fans of all programs dropped allegiances and concerns -- some justified, some not -- and wished each other happy and safe holidays.

I'll do the same for you today. Enjoy your hoop and your outside life.

However, please think over what you just posted to see the huge amounts of holes in your argument. I'm sure you'll start hearing about it shortly.

ps. I will comment on one aspect of what you've said in regards to current rankings. MM was saying that UConn's influence is so great virtually everyone is listed for player of year rankings. She had no trouble with Paige but asked if any of the UConn players currently on the floor against Louisville looked "best at their position?"

The answer is "no." Westbrook, Williams and ONO -- while still fine players -- are nowhere near being best in class.

You poo poo this to "whores in media" just getting clicks. Well, when Mechelle Voepel does mock drafts putting Evina Westbrook at or near the top of her draft boards, I've got to wonder who she's looking at. Most WNBA teams don't have extensive scouting departments and this hype could be factored in, to the detriment of all concerned. It's a cumulative thing.

Once again: valid point by MM.

Switching to high school rankings: Caroline Ducharme was not a consistent Top 5 pick: she was injured often and was considerably higher in the rankings. Do the homework please.

Replies: