Coach talks to the football team (link)
by El Kabong (2023-03-25 15:42:48)

This user did not provide content for this post

Shrewsberry has hit the ground running. Looking forward to
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-26 13:44:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his formal introduction and first press conference.

Just a gut feeling, but for those of us who really
by wearendhockey  (2023-03-26 12:24:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

appreciated Mike Brey for things other than wins and losses on a basketball floor, I think we're going to see and like a lot of the same things in Micah Shrewsberry. He seems truly thrilled to be here, and seems very much at home. And unlike Marcus Freeman who was deserving of a 1st shot at a head coaching gig so why wouldn't he take over the football program even if he was saddled with a difficult situation, this guy already WAS a D1 coach, in a major conference, was doing well so far, and it was very lucrative and about to be even more so. Yet now he's the Notre Dame head coach.

I can't wait to see what he does with this thing. I bet we're gonna be just fine.

And the volleyball team (link)
by Kayo  (2023-03-25 20:02:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm getting the impression no stone will be left unturned. *
by Irishdog80  (2023-03-26 13:45:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A long-awaited breath of fresh air
by SWPaDem  (2023-03-26 10:03:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the football team and the lady vballers are happy (we could certainly see that with the ladies), I think I'm going to be happy too. Shrewsberry seems genuinely thrilled to be here. I got to thinking this day would never come in my lifetime.

Change is good if for no other reason it's not the same damn thing that fell woefully short so many times.

I've always thought that basketball is different than just about every other team sport in that if you're playing the best players you've got (regardless of seniority) - and you spell them when you need to - they're going to achieve at a high level if you're emphasizing the fundamentals in practice, especially defense. And come gameday, let them play checkers and not some Mandarin version of four-dimensional chess punctuated by timeouts to slow down your own momentum.

He seems like a very genuine guy.
by Kali4niaND  (2023-03-25 20:21:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And one of the things I liked about him as he was playing in the B1G Tournament is that, despite the stature of the PSU program, Coach never came across that the moment was too big for him or his team. He really has the type of magnetic personality that have been the hallmark of most great ND coaches.

Some local folks that I know here in SB have indicated
by chicos bail bonds  (2023-03-25 16:29:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they know Micah Shrewsbury pretty well from when he was at IUSB and say that he is a great guy. I think he is going to be very comfortable in South Bend which is really important. I'm trying to stay grounded but this really seems like a great fit.

I know other sports hold clinics in South Bend.
by MobileIrish  (2023-03-25 17:51:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recall seeing news about hockey and lacrosse holding clinics in the South Bend community. Maybe Brey did that as well.

Obviously Coach Shrews has a lot on his agenda. Winning games and recruiting great players helps build community support. Holding an event or two off campus could help build on the local relationships he has.

Very cool. Only watched NBC?
by bullah  (2023-03-25 16:24:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So only watched ND home games?

If he said I remember watching the ‘02 Air Force game on
by Carlos Huerta  (2023-03-25 19:57:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN even though it was at 10 eastern I would’ve been really impressed but that is probably a pretty big ask.

If he can retain the two recruits, bring two recruits from
by Raoul  (2023-03-25 16:14:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PSU and maybe grab a transfer or two while retaining the five scholarship guys that seem to be hanging, he will have accomplished a lot. I can see us having a competitive roster of 10-12. He seems to play 9+ at least for 9 minutes or more. Anyone who shows up will get a chance to play - at least if they can contribute on defense.

Sounds like a nice guy who is diving into ND with his family and has no issue coming to South Bend. That is all positive to me.

Good depth and willingness to play them is a needed change
by JBrock18  (2023-03-25 16:41:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The one thing I notice watching the tournament in recent years is the good teams that play deep in the tournament have quality depth and play those guys. One injury or foul trouble doesn’t totally derail them. They get contributions from 8 or 9 players.