What is your favorite thing that you own...
by potatohouse (2018-08-16 09:53:47)

...under $100?

Anything goes, people! With the exception that maybe let's not count priceless items that are really just propped up by sentimental value (like obviously you love that watch that your dad's army friend smuggled out of Vietnam in his ass to give to you as your birthright, but, you know, no one else wants that shit).

And put some damn thought it into it, for God's sake. I gave you all the definitive Flavor Ice rankings last week. Time to pay the debt.

My two guinea pigs.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2018-08-17 10:28:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually, my daughter’s, but I’ve adopted them. Didn’t want ‘em, didn’t need ‘em, but the girl pleaded, so here they are. And now, dammit, I love them. Not to sound like one of those smooshy pet people, but I can’t imagine God putting a sweeter little critter on this Earth. If they just didn’t poop so much. Man, they poop a lot.

Johnson’s Baby Powder. Makes every day much more comfy. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2018-08-16 21:44:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mmmm. Asbestolicious. *
by milhouse  (2018-08-17 08:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My blue and white plaid pajama pants.
by BottleofRed  (2018-08-16 16:14:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They coordinate well with a wide variety of tops and are so very comfortable.

Popeners. *
by rockmcd  (2018-08-16 16:03:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My stash of Havana Club
by EricCartman  (2018-08-16 15:33:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like the seven year, so I stock up on it when I go overseas.

So far, absolutely no one has been impressed by my stockpile.

Two shark teeth I took from a shark on the coast of Flariduh
by The Flash  (2018-08-16 14:47:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't have to pay a cent.

A steel map of the State of Alaska cut out of the pipe we built the
Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, when I built the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.

It cost me about $200 in 1975 US dollars on the black market.

Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. *
by irisharab  (2018-08-16 14:11:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My lifetime pass to National Parks and monuments.
by HoundDog1973  (2018-08-16 13:06:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no better deal for us old folks than this pass. I got it when it cost $10. I know they raised it recently but I don't know what it costs now because mine is good for my life.

The Hoodie Pillow. Reversible belt. Dekor diaper pail.
by Irish Tool  (2018-08-16 13:05:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A bath sheet. 30- and 40-lb. kettlebells. Ex-Oficio boxers. The ubiquitous Little Tikes basketball net.

an Ara Parseghian Business Card
by graNDfan  (2018-08-16 12:09:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Football Coach - University of Notre Dame".

Has the old style logo on it - It is pre-1972 as it was my Aunt's (her name is written on the back) and she died in a car accident in 1972. The first time I ever saw my father upset. To a 9 year old she seemed like a really cool person.

Probably not worth anything, but it is a "Rosebud" type of thing for me....

Swiss Army Knife *
by NGIrish09  (2018-08-16 12:08:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My weiner dog Bruno
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-08-16 12:00:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Went to Panama to handle some small family business a few years ago and brought back a black and tan weiner dog - that not only helped through the loss of Butch, the Backroom's original weiner dog, it's just the kind of dog I never had growing up.

my Yeti/Ozark Trail ramblers
by goldenarms  (2018-08-16 11:51:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All day every day, hot beverages and cold. I bought the Walmart one on a long business trip after I realized how much I missed the Yeti.

Scrubbing them up with barkeeper's friend is even kind of fun.

Mr. Happy.
by ArasEra  (2018-08-16 11:42:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're inseparable.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." *
by Jess  (2018-08-16 11:24:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

E-Z Pass. Best 25 bucks I ever spent. *
by Steelhop  (2018-08-16 10:58:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eagle Claw Fiberglass Fly Rod
by buffaloirish  (2018-08-16 10:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Eagle Claw Featherlight fly rod is a budget fly rod. I think I got mine for like $30 bucks. It's bright yellow, and made for small-water fishing. Even a little trout or sunfish feels like a giant with this rod.

Bear in mind that fiberglass fly rods from the high-end manufacturers (Orvis, Scott, Epic, etc) cost between $250 and $500. This little Eagle Claw is perfect for throwing a little bug for sunfish or dry flies in southern Appalachian mountain streams for brook trout.

It's also so cheap that you happily hand it over to a beginner or child who wants to try casting a fly rod.

My Yankee Haters hat.
by akaRonMexico  (2018-08-16 10:56:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can root for the Red Sox a maximum of 182 days in a year, but I can hate the Yankees for 365. Sure some asshats will call it jealousy, but I call it sartorially channeling my loathing.

I’ll be sending you the ‘18 Shamrock Series jersey. *
by The Holtz Room  (2018-08-16 12:09:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Make sure to get it signed by Kelly so that it can be
by akaRonMexico  (2018-08-16 12:20:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

everything I fucking hate about what ND has become.

My heating pad.
by Angel  (2018-08-16 10:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is on a par with my ice packs.

My first thought was my microwaveable heat pack thing.
by GailStanwyck  (2018-08-16 13:46:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually, I have two - one for home and one for the office.

Old comes on so fast, doesn't it?

Hope you bought a good one. I got one from the medical
by Moff  (2018-08-16 12:32:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

supply store. Industrial strength with a switch you had to hold to avoid burning yourself. It was the type that pulled the moisture out of the air. When our next door neighbor had pneumonia, we let her borrow it and she was skeptical at first regarding its powers, but soon reported back that she fell in love with it.

Shop Vac
by Buck Turgidson  (2018-08-16 10:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've used that thing to clean up more messes and avert more disasters than I care to remember.

Runner up due to dwindling supply: The bottle of scotch I picked up earlier this summer.

Cordless drill. (But luv my cheap nail gun/compressor $150) *
by Inigomontoya  (2018-08-16 11:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A football signed by the last youth team I coached. *
by seano  (2018-08-16 10:35:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My cats were free. Also my external hard drive containing
by Moff  (2018-08-16 10:29:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a lifetime of memories. Both would be the first thing I’d save in a fire. Other than the people, of course

$8 Russian officer's watch (Airborne version)
by irishrock  (2018-08-16 10:23:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bought it in Prague for $8 in 1992. Later I met a former commander of SEAL school (later became a 3 star Admiral) who had a submarine version that he said was given to him by a Russian general.

I didn't have the heart to tell him I bought mine on the Charles Bridge from a street vendor.

Roku Ultra for a couple reasons...
by ndgenius  (2018-08-16 10:10:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a big TV guy and cutting the cord seemed like an impossible task for me but I will never go back to cable TV again because of the Roku...makes it so easy to watch whatever I want.

Also (and maybe more importantly) it has the headphone jack in the remote so I can watch TV in bed and turn off the set so you're essentially just listening to something which is great for those mornings when I wake up at 4am thinking about a problem at work...I'm now able to fall back asleep when I couldn't clear my mind before.

Do you have battery draining issues?
by cincysubdomer  (2018-08-16 11:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In mine, new batteries will drain completely in just days. I read that unplugging the headphones from the remote helps, so I've been doing that.

Yes, if you don't unplug the headphones it thinks that you
by ndgenius  (2018-08-16 13:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are still listening so it drains the batteries quickly. My downstairs remote lasts at least 6 months (if not more) where I don't use the headphones.

I've pretty much trained myself that if I wake up in the middle of the night that I unplug the headphones and then fall back asleep. I'm changing the batteries about once a month (Harbor Freight batteries) so it's less than a buck a month on batteries so it doesn't bother me too much.

What services do you subscribe to with Roku? *
by TouchdownJebus  (2018-08-16 10:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PS Vue, Netflix, Prime Video...all other apps are free
by ndgenius  (2018-08-16 13:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm considering switching to YouTubeTV because it's $10 less but they don't have the food channels and I watch those quite a bit.

Framed on my wall.
by RallyingSon  (2018-08-16 10:00:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jealous?

I have the same, but only with Weis *
by charlottend  (2018-08-16 11:45:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks a lot
by catripledomer  (2018-08-16 11:25:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now I am getting ads for this stupid thing on every site I visit.

My french press
by ND Trumpet  (2018-08-16 09:57:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love the coffee that it makes. It seems richer and less acidic than coffee from a drip machine. I like the feeling of pushing down that plunger and smelling the aroma of the coffee. My body aches in anticipation of that caffeine hit and my senses start working overtime until I sip that delicious, hot, black coffee.