Which drug commercial do you hate the most?
by Jvan (2018-11-21 17:09:56)

I can't decide between Ozempic and Anoro.

All of them. They are one of the big contributors to
by dulac89  (2018-11-23 08:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

medical overspending in this country

Yes, I know, doctors could choose to not prescribe. However in a "customer satisfaction" based medical culture now, if you don't prescribe the sexy new drug, some other doctor will, then you're losing business and getting the negative review.

No question: Toe fungus *
by SteveM  (2018-11-22 18:26:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The one where they . . .
by The Flash  (2018-11-22 13:10:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . warn you the side effects are kidney failure, heart attacks, brain
damage, loss of sensation, suicidal thoughts and death.

Almost as annoying is the disease branding going on
by Raoul  (2018-11-22 12:05:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The success some diseases have had with acronyms has created a situation where every disease advertised needs a 2-4 letter acronym as a short cut.

ED
RLS
AFib
IBS
BPH
COPD
CPAP
GERD
HPV
HepC
Non24

It's like your disease/condition will feel left out if you don't have some cool quick way to refer to it.

And now every disease wants its won color ribbon.

Every single one of them
by sprack  (2018-11-22 11:17:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I especially love hearing during a meal about plaque psoriasis and any drug that may cause severe diarrhea.

the rheumatoid arthritis 'Humira' chick is a babe
by ndlarryj  (2018-11-22 11:16:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(so I guess I like that one?) but yes in general they are insufferable.

Only two countries in the world allow pharma ads on TV.
by Wooderson  (2018-11-22 10:04:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The US, and New Zealand.

As with the metric system, we are in the wrong on this one.

This *
by Ndwahoo  (2018-11-23 07:28:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What are commercials? *
by Doug Dascenzo  (2018-11-22 07:47:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Truvada
by CAFB4ND  (2018-11-21 23:00:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or you could use some judgement and not plow everything that moves.

Judgment *
by 3AONEILL08  (2018-11-22 03:09:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t actually understand the point of drug commercials
by BlarneyGreen  (2018-11-21 22:01:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How do they work on the consumer? I mean, if I need a medicinal drug, I am in the position of patient, not consumer. I go to the doctor and say “I can’t fucking sleep.” The doctor - not me! - then decides to prescribe me lunesta, or ambien, or just tells me to have more sex, or stop drinking, or whatever.

So how does the Lunesta commercial work? Are there people who are prescribed Ambien and then tel their doctor “oh no, not Ambien, I insist on Lunesta!” Like: what the fuck do you know, doc?

Whoever the target audience is for drug commercials, they must be a huge pain in the ass.

There are plenty who request specific drugs by name
by ndzippy  (2018-11-21 23:20:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that didn't happen, the ads would go away very quickly.

Excuse me, Phil, but with these particular symptoms, is
by HennaOrNo  (2018-11-22 10:46:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prozac really the right choice?

Lily Marvin: You think Prozac is a mistake?

Bob Wiley: Well, with this kind of manic episode, I would think Librium might be a more effective management tool.

Phil: You could be right. I'll rewrite the prescription.

And by the end of most of the commercials, all I know
by pmcdnd96  (2018-11-21 22:19:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are the side effects...but that I should ask my doctor if the drug is right for me

Not really a drug, but how about the box you poop in...
by Dan93  (2018-11-21 21:32:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and then mail in for colon cancer screening?

Feel sorry for Company bastard who works loading dock
by Frank Drebin  (2018-11-22 08:51:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can’t imagine having to unload trailer trucks all day long full of boxes with other people’s shit inside

Remember, someone is actually opening the boxes. *
by usmcirish  (2018-11-22 18:25:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dear god, what channels do you watch? *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2018-11-21 23:03:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The one where the woman tells herself to tell the doctor it
by Father Nieuwland  (2018-11-21 20:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hurts when she has sex.

Official description is:

“A woman hesitates to express the severity of her endometriosis pain to her doctor until her inner voice steps in and reminds her what's really going on. She finally admits to her physician that none of her symptoms have improved. AbbVie urges endometriosis patients to speak up!”

Whenever people look too happy to have Herpes *
by TCIrish03  (2018-11-21 20:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Eyelea, but for a geek reason.
by rflor  (2018-11-21 20:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have an automated chatbot on their website that is embarrassingly bad at recognizing adverse events. We use it as a textbook example of how not to develop a patient engagement bot.

Tie: Viberzi and the walking bladder ad
by GU82ND4ever  (2018-11-21 20:15:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Honorable mention goes to Abilify with the cartoon depression that follows its owner around like a pet.

Whatever the one with Gramps and daughter
by anthro_domer  (2018-11-21 20:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where Gramps is bleeding a lot because he's taking a life saving heart medication and when presented with a new option, he goes "not another pill."

Those fucking miracle pills are saving your life dipshit. How hard is it to swallow one fucking pill. Also, the daughter has resting bitch face.

I want them all to die.

Rexulti
by osbournecox  (2018-11-21 18:56:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Honorable mention to Tits...er taltz

All of them. Every single one have possible side effects
by usmcirish  (2018-11-21 18:26:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

worse by the nth degree than the actual malady they are designed to treat.

"Ask your doctor about SouthernCalazam for treatment of mosquito bites. Possible side effects may include sudden death or stroke, heart stoppage, erectile malfunction, spontaneous combustion or becoming a Trogan or Wolverine fan."

Above script accompanied by video of suitably diverse, in all respects, people seemingly uproariously giddy and ecstatic as they play in the park with the requisite doggos playing ball and fetch.

Agree 100% with this. *
by Centralpa  (2018-11-22 09:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh, those happy people during the side effect disclosure
by knutesteen  (2018-11-21 18:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy cow!!! Knute, you posted while I was typing. Great
by usmcirish  (2018-11-21 18:27:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

minds as they say.

great minds...
by gozer  (2018-11-21 21:49:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and apparently you two guys also.

Ha *
by usmcirish  (2018-11-21 23:15:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

literally all of them *
by ColoNDFan  (2018-11-21 18:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the one for opioid induced constipation
by mr.natural  (2018-11-21 18:11:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're taking so many opioids that you can't make poo come out, yet you are still walking the earth, apparently able to work construction.

The apocalypse is here, man.

This post...
by Cash  (2018-11-22 00:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.... is the funniest goddamned thing I’ve read in a very long time. I tried to read it out loud to my wife four or five times and couldn’t get through “make poo come out” without falling apart in tears.

Thank you.

Cash

that may be one of the most bizarre
by ColoNDFan  (2018-11-21 18:22:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like really? I don't think constipation is your biggest issue folks.

Is Ozempic the one that uses that heinous song,
by ndwineaux  (2018-11-21 17:50:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh Oh Oh, it's magic... ?
If so, that one.

Nailed it. Although Trelegy (Jacksons’ ABC) gives it a run. *
by yodadame  (2018-11-21 19:15:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post