Out of curiosity
by osbournecox (2019-05-19 22:12:08)

Why are the nights watch or the Wall (with a giant hole in it) required anymore? Or did I miss some slick dialogue in this masterpiece?

"A place for bastards and broken things."
by pmac98  (2019-05-20 12:00:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every world needs a place like that.

To defend against the Night Queen
by Steelhop  (2019-05-20 08:26:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw a leak somewhere or rumor that Drogon was supposed to take her north of the wall. There dead Dany was to be raised by the baby (Craster's son) that was turned into a WW from an episode in season 4, I think. Anyway, she was supposed to be turned into a White Walker and replace the NK. From this rumor, Bran was supposed to have a conversation with Jon telling Jon that Bran has seen through the Wierwork that Jon needs to rebuild the wall because eventually, thousands of years from now, the Night Queen would be coming.

I sort of like that idea that everything repeats itself which is a big story point in fantasy.

Or Night Man. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-20 10:53:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They need to implement a troll toll. *
by NDBass  (2019-05-20 12:06:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Theory in our household: the writers needed to get on...
by Kbyrnes  (2019-05-20 01:31:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...to Star Wars.

This reddit is a great read
by airborneirish  (2019-05-20 00:23:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bqpces/s08e06_post_episode_discussion_thread_now_we/

"Imagine the ending from a commoner's perspective: the new king is a fucking crippled ghost kid with no emotions who knows everything and can control animals"

This is still my favorite
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 13:30:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bessie>lyanna confirmed *
by airborneirish  (2019-05-20 16:14:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On Jon: “Can you imagine being brought back to life with
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 08:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

magic and end up at your old fucking job? Like if I was revived and ended up back at Staples print center or some shit.”

Funny. But that was his job when he was revived. *
by tex29  (2019-05-20 12:24:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was my favorite *
by airborneirish  (2019-05-20 11:59:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is great:
by tex29  (2019-05-20 08:45:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE NIGHT'S WATCH WATCHING? HOPEFULLY SOMETHING BETTER THAN THIS SHIT”

Two favorite comments
by osbournecox  (2019-05-20 00:31:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“I liked the part where all of it was terrible”

“Every leak was true, and almost everything possible they could fuck up, they did”

God bless r/freefolk, the NDN of Game of thrones

"Drogon made sure the throne would be accessible" *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-05-20 08:47:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bran let Dany burn KL so he could re-build it ADA-compliant.
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 08:55:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

These people rule.

The Tully stuff has me laughing in bed
by DBCooper  (2019-05-20 00:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shooters Shoot... love it

hah me too it's great *
by airborneirish  (2019-05-20 00:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

garbage ending is the death knell for HBO *
by airborneirish  (2019-05-19 23:59:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is a very funny post. Well done! *
by sprack  (2019-05-20 11:34:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We'll see, but absent changes things don't look good
by airborneirish  (2019-05-20 16:22:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. they recently lost their President https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/hbo-ceo-richard-plepler-resignation-ominous-for-att-warner-buy.html
2. They have stuck to their weird distribution model that marries them unnecessarily to cable.
3. They couldn't control D&D. Despite the availability of funds and demands from viewers they rushed this season and it has showed (see rotten tomatoes reviews)
4. They have stuck with the weekly release schedule instead of netflix style season dump that consumers have shown a preference for
5. Their original content severely lags that of netflix

Though I posted in jest I do think there is something wrong with HBO and the spectacle of this season supports that.

You mentioned Soprano's but HBO was leading the pack at that time with innovative content that couldn't be found elsewhere. They were doing so well that fans were buying the content in media such as DVDs.

Times have changed and HBO has shown it isn't adapting well while also moving away from its core competency of high quality content. Change my mind.

Ah yes, the unsatisfying end of a hugely popular show
by elterrible  (2019-05-20 09:36:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

clearly indicates the end of the network.

HBO is still reeling from that Sopranos ending
by sprack  (2019-05-20 11:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that everyone is still talking about years later.

And people hated the Sopranos ending
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 12:58:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For weeks on end, until they didn't (they also didn't like the last season either, but that's just too much crazy. People forget the ratings were way down, and there was a lot of internet hand wringing over the body counts and other turns the last season took).

I remember the episode when Tony finally kills Chris and heads to Vegas to smoke peyote pissing a ton of people on the interwebs off.

It's always wise to remember that
by sprack  (2019-05-20 13:05:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

much of the internet is the YouTube comments section.

And the YouTube comments section is dark and full of terrors *
by FtWorthIrish  (2019-05-20 15:27:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never again will I start a plot driven show
by osbournecox  (2019-05-20 00:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Until it is over.

I have a colleague that lives by this rule
by Shifty  (2019-05-20 10:12:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A few weeks ago I reminded him of it. He replied, "Game of Thrones? I am VINDICATED!"

GoT - final proof that you should never trust TV writers to
by NDBob  (2019-05-20 09:08:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pen a successful ending to anything.

* This conveniently applies to both the Game of Thrones the TV show and A Song of Ice and Fire the book series.

concur - that's how I played mad men and breaking bad
by airborneirish  (2019-05-20 00:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

worked out great

Once the Unsullied left, why couldn’t Jon stick around
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-19 23:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Winterfell?

So Bran is an all-knowing time-traveling telepath
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 23:18:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he's like "you know who I want managing my money? Bronn, the whore-loving murderer."

Didn't ask Meera Reed to be on his small council, did he. She only sacrificed everything for his creepy immobile vampire ass.

Probably the same reasons he needs a spy master *
by osbournecox  (2019-05-19 23:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where’d
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 23:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Dothraki go?

I know where they didn't go
by Molly Maguires  (2019-05-20 09:28:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a swim
To the library
To take a shower

They should have gone north of the wall with the other unwashed, unwelcome, land pirate heathens.

Technically
by wcnitz  (2019-05-20 07:53:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since they were all named bloodriders, they should have committed suicide upon Dany's death. PLOT HOLES.

Probably where they went to hide during Winterfell
by DBCooper  (2019-05-20 00:15:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since that clearly wasn’t them who got slaughtered on the battlefield.

They appeared to be walking around Kings Landing
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-19 23:51:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm sure wherever they went, they went quietly. *
by Finn_MacCool  (2019-05-19 23:51:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With Unsullied to be their penile surrogates.
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 23:47:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought they showed them on the ships together.

So
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 23:54:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They accepted Grey Worm as khal?

Or if not on the ships, they accepted Bran as khal?

I really wanted Grey Worm dead *
by DBCooper  (2019-05-20 00:23:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me too. *
by Steelhop  (2019-05-20 08:27:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who were some of the people
by Cartwright  (2019-05-19 23:14:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the council? Besides Edmure, who apparently got out of the dungeon offscreen at some point and who it took me a hot second to recognize. Who was that between Sam and Edmure? And next to Robin and Royce? And to Yara’s right? (The guy to Yara’s left was presumably the Prince of Dorne.)

I think the Black Fish was still alive. So I figured he was
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 23:27:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one.

Nope
by Cartwright  (2019-05-19 23:49:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was killed offscreen by Lannister men at Riverrun after he decided to do a last stand thing rather than running away. One of them walked up to Jaime and told him.

They killed a tyrant only to fill the shoes
by osbournecox  (2019-05-20 00:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a more subtle type and his toadies

Granted, it was a council of dipshits.
by tex29  (2019-05-19 23:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But am I supposed to believe that, after Sansa pulled her, “I love you bro, but I ain’t bending no knee” bit, the rest of the council did not tell Tyrion to fuck off because they wanted their own kingdoms too? Especially the squid lovers. Kiss my ass, HBO.

Not only that but Dany already promised Yara independence
by osbournecox  (2019-05-19 23:22:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just another forgotten plot piece in the enormous scrap heap

This was the biggest plot hole tonight.
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-19 23:44:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This entire season they didn’t have characters expand the story with conversations. Davos and Sam didn’t talk to Jon. Tyrian got about 60% of the lines tonight. Jon comes to the north and he and Tormund don’t say anything to each other. At least Ghost got a greeting.

Good point. Bran’s first decision, play family favorites *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 23:19:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Out of curiousity
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-19 22:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What’s the small council’s plan if they find Drogon?

Capture him?

Bran warging?
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:53:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has to be good for something.

I can hear the song now....
by Marine Domer  (2019-05-20 13:09:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WARG,hey yeah, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? Absolutely NOTHIN'!

I assume Bran is going to warg into him and take control of
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 22:51:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

him. No more being stuck in a wheelchair for Bran the Broken. Plus the girls will go nuts over him then.

Too bad he didn’t do that
by DBCooper  (2019-05-19 23:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before thousands of innocent people were burned To death. Or did Bran not see that coming?

I think it's implied
by wcnitz  (2019-05-20 08:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That he couldn't do that as long as Drogon was bound to Dany. But it's possible I'm letting book lore cloud my judgement on that.

He was playing chess while everyone else was playing
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 23:04:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

checkers. How else would he have gotten Jon to finally kill Dany.

He might be the worst king they ever have
by DBCooper  (2019-05-19 23:08:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bring back Cersei, at least she was cunning and aware of her strengths

I was wondering if Meera would appear to push him around *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:54:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wouldn’t have surprised me. Trying to keep all the thirsty
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 23:00:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

women away from her man.

The Reeds were a hallucination Bran and Ned shared
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-19 22:58:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn’t actually exist

Disprove it

Howland and Meera were incredibly important to the whole
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 23:00:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

story. I assume both are still alive. But never hear anything of them.

Howland has no sense of honor or duty
by DBCooper  (2019-05-19 23:03:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he has been in a brothel the entire time

"Love" is the death of duty *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 23:07:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doody is the death of love... *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 23:49:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Howdy is the Doody of puppets *
by drmurray  (2019-05-20 11:49:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought maybe some blue eyes would have shown up *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 22:25:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope, you're spot on. Why do they even need a wall?!
by NDbias  (2019-05-19 22:24:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this show has become infuriating. I feel like one of those dorks the Simpsons writers are always making fun of.

Even before this, the wall served no purpose
by HScorpio  (2019-05-19 22:38:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, it was supposed to keep out the Night King and was the only hope of all mankind. Then he broke through it in about a day, and died anyway right after.

There's really no point in rebuilding it, even if a future Night King style villain is out there.

Question about the end and the wall / Watch
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:27:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon was sentenced to the watch. Basically a "don't get married and have kids" sentence. But it ends with him heading north. I assume he was blowing off the watch and going to live the rest of his life in the north. So he is not doing what he was sentenced to do.

He's new Mance Rayder. *
by doug dascenzo  (2019-05-20 08:19:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And leader of the only truly free folk *
by Raoul  (2019-05-20 08:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Upon reflection, this ending for Jon works...
by doug dascenzo  (2019-05-20 09:02:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should lead. He doesn't want to lead everyone. But now he's going to lead people who need leading, who want him to lead, in a world he understands and appreciates.

It feels stilted and weird how we got here, but I can divine some sense from it.

He might just be a “ranger” but what’s the point? *
by frosh  (2019-05-19 22:43:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah that was pretty clear
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:34:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That look back at the gate sealed it. He’s just gonna hang with his people.

He's still got a fever for the redheads. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-19 22:42:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alright by me. *
by Wooderson  (2019-05-19 22:44:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amen *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 22:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes sense
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:41:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon in the north, Jon and Ygritte, was such a big part of the story. The remnants of the first men are the wildings, right? The Targaryen family was an interloper and he is going back to man's roots in Westeros.

I still think he was Azor Ahai by killing Dany - for the good of the realm. It was a great sacrifice because it was his love and sister.

And don’t forget
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:42:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wildlings basically think of Jon as a god.

Good point
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:45:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was happiest among them. And with the Night King and White Walkers gone, and wights gone, (and Craster gone) north is objectively a better place.

Exactly (link)
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:46:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“I’m guessing....I guess no one’s coming.” -Blinken *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 22:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post