...and now my watch has ended. *
by Porpoiseboy (2019-05-19 23:15:34)

This user did not provide content for this post

The scene where Tyrion finds Jaime was incredibly well shot *
by NavyJoe  (2019-05-20 15:09:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Made to look like twins in the womb, from my view. *
by pmac98  (2019-05-20 15:22:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good call. I hadn't thought of that. *
by rockmcd  (2019-05-20 20:05:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A resounding "meh."
by Profkid93  (2019-05-20 13:38:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll give Dinklage a ton of credit, though - he was working his ass of to sell that bullshit.

Did Jon Snow's parentage matter at all to the story?
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-20 12:34:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suppose it helped get Varys killed, but he was going to move against Danny whether or not there was another Targaryan to push for the throne.

It helped drive Jon and Danny apart, but not that much. It was more Jon's horror at Danny's decent to madness.

We only got to see Jon's and Danny's reaction to the news and then only for a minute or two each.

At the end, only Tyrian, Sansa, Arya and Bran seemed to know about it.

A lot of people criticize the Jon Snow character, but he became Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, made peace with the Free Folk, became King in the North, came back from the dead, put together a coalition to defeat the Night King's army.

Will there be a dvd with deleted scenes? So much seemed to happen off camera, I would think some of it was filmed.

Yes
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 12:51:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) That fact immediately made her claims to the Iron Throne weak
2) It created a huge tension in him, that prevented him from seeing how Daenerys really was. He was the true heir and he didn't want it
3) It allowed Sansa to blow up Daenerys' inner circle
4) It was another brick in the "A Targaryen alone in the world" wall

I think it mattered a great deal, it set everything in motion for this season

It also killed his boner for Dany *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-20 13:17:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What happened to Ghost's ear
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 11:02:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When did it get lopped off? Was it gone when Jon sent Ghost with Tormund?

Yes
by wcnitz  (2019-05-20 11:04:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When he showed up in episode 4 at the funeral, he had the missing ear. Lost it in episode 3.

Thanks
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 11:17:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I blame Grand Maester Tarly's belt

Questions remaining after last night
by dulac89  (2019-05-20 10:53:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought this episode was actually fine, and did a pretty good job of tying up most, but not all, of the storylines, while leaving some open for the future. Like others, my criticism is entirely with how we got here. As others have said, after spending 6 seasons so carefully building this incredibly intricate world, why rush the ending?

Other questions:

What is the point of Bran warging and being able to change the past? Perhaps he saw the Iron Throne, but a lot of time was spent on this. How much harder would it have been to have Bran warg into Drogon for even a few minutes of the final episode. Perhaps even show Drogon bringing Dany to the North, and encountering the Children of the Forest, or implying that she somehow becomes the Night Queen in the future. That would have satisfied the questions, while also getting fans talking about the future possibilities

Was the point of Arya learning the faces just to kill Frey? That's pretty unsatisfying

Where was Bronn during episode 5?

Why would Yara, who had been promised to have her own kingdom, bend a knee to Bran? Why would any of them for that matter?

Why was Robyn Arryn not at any of the meetings at Winterfell over the last two seasons?

More questions
by DBCooper  (2019-05-20 12:36:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How were there so many Dothraki and unsullied left at the end? They seemed to have been left to just a handful during battle of winterfell, and I’m sure at least some were killed taking Kings landing. Were these Dothraki and unsullied not at winterfell?

Why does the council not consider Jon as king since they all know his true parents. I mean shouldn’t that have been discussed? And who the hell were those other people on the council anyway?

Why would Jon or Grey Worm or anyone else care that he is sentenced to the Wall, when his sister is now in charge of an autonomous region in the North, and when there is nothing to watch over at the Wall anyway (at least as far as we know).

Why did Grey worm let Jon live anyway?

Why couldn’t we have seen all of the remaining houses surround Kings Landing?

Why didn’t Grey worm just declare himself ruler of Kings Landing anyway, or why not a Dothraki try to take over?

I’m sure there are a hundred more. I would fill them out but I’m getting paid to ask Star Wars questions so I wanted to get this over with and move on to the bigger payouts

Answer to your penultimate question
by sprack  (2019-05-20 13:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He didn't have the balls!

Thanks, I'll show myself out now.

No need to get teste. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-05-20 17:37:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Where was Bronn during episode 5?" Exactly my question
by sprack  (2019-05-20 11:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When he showed up at the table, I was wondering "Where did he come from? Was he still up north the whole time, and if so, why?"

He said in Episode 4 that his fighting days were over
by Jvan  (2019-05-20 13:55:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He didn't want any part of the battle at King's Landing, so he must have been on holiday in Switzerland.

Assuming Switzerland
by Radi-skull  (2019-05-20 18:19:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Qas the name of a prostitute or brothel

Final Game of Thrones Review. (Link)
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-20 10:44:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like Jon Snow more than she did, but I essentially agree with this review.

I really wish that they had said the Grand Maester hadn't finished the last 2 chapters of the Song of Fire and Ice.

Very solid once again. I, too, have not forgiven Jon for
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 14:27:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

blowing Ghost off.

Always great reading
by sprack  (2019-05-20 12:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are some pretty talented daughters in these parts.

She clearly takes after her Mother. *
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-20 14:01:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well that goes without saying! *
by sprack  (2019-05-20 15:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No one has made the point, likely because it’s so obvious:
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 08:47:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon Snow was the rightful heir! Period. He can kills whoever he wants, especially a KarJenner who keeps trying to bed him after he’s said “girl, no, you’re my aunt” like three times. And also burned down the NYC of the Seven Kingdoms.

Half that “council” knew Jon is King. Most of the “council” love the guy. Sam, Davos, Arya, Sansa — where are your heads?!

P.s. Grey Worm, can you f***ing not. Go to grief counseling and shut up.

Part of the purported resolution to the tale was the
by GeneralGarcia  (2019-05-20 10:58:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

abolition of blood line ascension in favor of a more representative method to chose leaders.

I disagree with this criticism
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-20 09:07:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jon wasn’t the rightful king of anything by merit or blood.

And he killed Dany to stop the Dothraki/Unsullied armies from laying waste to Westeros. If he’s crowned king and fights another war (a 6th in 10 years or whatever) he would have accomplished nothing.

He’s a stone cold murderer, he needs to be exiled.

Several people thought he was the rightful heir, and more
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 15:52:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than that they know he is a natural leader and extremely trustworthy.

And they knew Dany had to go. Just like no one cried when the Mad King was offed.

The notion that a plutocracy of inherited positions is far superior to a monarchy is laughable.

Agreed, and also
by sprack  (2019-05-20 10:47:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If there's one thing I didn't want and really don't like in shows like this, it's the happy ending for everybody. Life isn't like that, and neither should good fiction be like that.

Yep
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 09:29:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Tyrion knew what he was asking/counseling him to do.

"Also, Bran's dick doesn't work."
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-20 06:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Hey, nobody tell Sansa any more secrets, ok?"

Doesn't the Three Eyed Raven live a long time? *
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-20 12:36:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by wcnitz  (2019-05-20 14:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bran could live another 150 years.

Hence being played before by really old Max von Sydow
by sprack  (2019-05-20 18:58:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though the late Peter Vaughan (Maester Aemon) was even older.

First - and last - of his name *
by sprack  (2019-05-20 10:55:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The scene with Jon parting at the Grey Havens was touching.
by cmillar  (2019-05-20 09:53:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Westeros has been saved. But not for me."

I was waiting for
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 11:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone to jump in the boat with Jon to surprise Arya/Sansa, who were there to only send off Bilbo/Jon

Also Theon *
by Molly Maguires  (2019-05-20 07:30:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus half the army, who amazingly look masculine and not
by Jeash  (2019-05-20 08:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

short on testosterone.

Let’s offer them a kingdom to start a house...oh wait *
by osbournecox  (2019-05-20 09:50:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except their leader *
by DBCooper  (2019-05-20 08:40:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best part of the finale
by Jvan  (2019-05-20 01:10:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Edmure Tully tries to make his case to be king, and Sansa tells him to STFU.

Drogon's melting of the throne was a nice touch.

Best parts were
by 1978Irish  (2019-05-20 08:37:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brienne finishing Jaimie’s page in the Kings Guard book and Jon hugging Ghost.

Missed opportunity would have been to say the Grand Maester didn’t finish the last 2 chapters of the book.

Except when she immediately closed the book
by wrathofsorin  (2019-05-20 09:07:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A book with fresh wet ink within it. No one will be able to read whatever smudged entry she just wrote down.

Glad it wasn't just me - was it on purpose? *
by sprack  (2019-05-20 10:56:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did as well
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 11:26:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But then told myself, she did run her hand over the writing just before closing, so maybe we missed the part where she blew on the page like a hot cup of soup before closing it.

Wouldn't be the first or last time something was rushed this season

If she ran her hand over the page
by sprack  (2019-05-20 11:33:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe she had blotting paper? But I didn't see any.

“Jaime Lannister is the
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-20 09:09:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nastiest skank bitch...”

...luckiest dude in Westeros *
by Molly Maguires  (2019-05-20 09:31:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Epilogue: They all die from not getting vaccinated. *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 23:47:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I stopped watching when Sam did the democracy bit
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-19 23:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn’t even wait for him to turn towards the camera and say “Live from New York it’s Saturday night!”

I immediately thought "Theodoric of York!" even before any
by sprack  (2019-05-20 10:52:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the other characters reacted.

I loved it.

"What you need is a good bleeding" *
by meatwhistle  (2019-05-20 13:22:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll ask my horse. *
by OGerry  (2019-05-20 09:55:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I loved that part
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 09:29:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sam, ahead of his time making a wise suggestion, yet again, and everyone telling him to sod off swampy

I watched, aghast, hoping that they didn't all agree and...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-05-20 08:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...end the show like a very special episode of Blossom where they discovered democracy.

Democracry =
by Anthro_domer  (2019-05-20 04:00:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

dumb. Plutocracy = Great!

Baby steps! *
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 08:36:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A+ *
by NDEE01  (2019-05-19 23:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post