I get the impression you exaggerate your claims to boost
by Irishdog80 (2023-03-23 22:01:31)

In reply to: my references?  posted by jt

your point of view. Please tell me what college athletes or any athlete, for that matter, that work 12 months a year, 40 hours a week with no vacation or holiday?

With respect to college athletic scholarships, I believe there should be more of them across the board...revenue and non-revenue sports. Universities are the proverbial plane, it is leaving town full or not full and it basically costs the same for the airline either way. Yes, universities, and especially Notre Dame with it's significant endowment, can "afford" to provide more scholarships and it would likely be to the school's benefit to do so.

Bottom line, for most 18-22 year olds making the equivalent of anywhere from $35,000 to over $100,000 per year is a god send and getting an education while you hone your craft in your chosen sport is an added bonus. If you want to get on your soap box, go do it for minor league baseball and hockey players or golfers trying to make it on the tour. College athletes have it better than all of them.

Replies: