Smarter than I.
by PWK2 (2019-05-07 12:11:56)

In reply to: Here is a general hiring question for those smarter than me  posted by hempfield75

Sorry. I just needed a laugh.

That is Okay I Was Put on this Planet for Everyones
by hempfield75  (2019-05-07 13:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

entertainment.

SEG/Chief

You weren't wrong. Both are correct. (link)
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-05-07 17:31:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well that's a pretty cool website. Settle plenty bets there. *
by Jon  (2019-05-09 14:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First word in explanation ("This") is undefined antecedent.
by T-Bone  (2019-05-08 10:35:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How gauche!

More like...
by DavidAddison  (2019-05-08 00:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One is correct but the other is also commonly used. That’s basically what your link says.

Read it again. Both are acceptable. There's a shift
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-05-08 08:13:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the way that the folks that decide these things interpret language. I used to hang out with a professor who wrote the book on the topic. What is in the article reflects what he told me. Just one excerpt from the article, of several, make it clear . . .

"Your friend is merely repeating what the 18th- and 19th-century prescriptive grammarians of the Lowth school laid down as the rules of grammar: that is, rules that told others to speak and write as they (the prescriptivists) thought they should. We ignore those guys now. They lied."

Agree to disagree *
by DavidAddison  (2019-05-08 22:05:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You Do Know that English Grammar Was My Most Hated
by hempfield75  (2019-05-07 21:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

subject in high school. I would rather wrestle an alligator than tackle
grammer.

SEG/Chief

Awesome! Congrats and Go Irish!
by drmurray  (2019-05-08 16:09:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My French canadian grammer was a tough battleaxe

I put the Guy Who Invented Grammer in the Same
by hempfield75  (2019-05-09 09:38:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

boat with the guy who invented the tie and weight machine. Then put a hole
in the boat. Grammar stinks in all languages. Even my German Grammar made
fun of me.

SEG/Chief

I also laughed. *
by BacTien  (2019-05-07 13:21:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is Okay Me Too *
by hempfield75  (2019-05-07 13:20:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post