What's up with all the swearing on the boards lately?
by hometown fan (2019-11-07 13:14:30)

As posters; we are better than this.

I'm gettin' too old for this shirt *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-11-08 13:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the bad place! *
by ndtnguy  (2019-11-08 18:16:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yippie Ki Yay, Mr. Falcon *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-11-08 18:24:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swearengen broads? *
by ThreeD  (2019-11-08 12:02:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Broads?
by Nitschke  (2019-11-08 13:04:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How the #@%! should I know? *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-11-08 11:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this reminds me of good Sunday Catholics
by irishnyer  (2019-11-08 09:53:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used to work on Wall St with a bunch of total motherfuckers.

Always yapping about how great Mass was on Sunday, all the black tie charity shit they set up at Westchester Country Club. Come Monday, they had no problems fucking people over, including their own employees.

Great Catholics on Sunday. The other 6 days of the week, they were willing the fuck over their own mother for a fucking buck.

Okay, Dude. Have it your way.
by LastDon  (2019-11-08 02:40:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you really think I should swear?
by Nitschke  (2019-11-08 10:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hmm... there's gotta be a good response here involving
by Idsoonerbeirish  (2019-11-07 21:27:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PHKR.

Was there a naughman sighting? *
by ACross  (2019-11-07 19:10:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your favorite quote contains an off-color word. GFY. *
by CaptainIrish  (2019-11-07 18:57:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You’re the first one to have the fuking balls to tell us *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-11-07 18:23:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, we're not.
by Wooderson  (2019-11-07 18:18:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Motherfucking Apple Inc can't design a simple product that JUST WORKS.

I plug in my Pixel to a Win 10 PC? "Would you like to access the files on this device?"

I plug my Pixel into a Win 7 PC? "Would you like to navigate the files n this device?"

I plug my Pixel into a Mac?

Bueller?

Bueller?

OK, no big deal, right? Because I make my bones making Windows work, I just offload the files for my Pixel onto a USB thumb drive, formatted FAT32 and not NTFS because I am nothing if not ecosystem agnostic. Mac can't read the thumb drive.

I had to set up a fucking samba share across the network to get files out of the windows environment onto the Mac! A Mac running the version with a sand dune in the background so I know it's form the last 12 months, not 10 years ago. Can't fucking read a thumb drive!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I get home, need to get files off my wife's iPhone. An iPhone 7, should be perfectly serviceable, no? WRONG, I get a "You need a new software download to connect to this device."

Bitch no I don't I can plug this into a Windows box and navigate the file structure and get what I need. Why in god's name do I need new software to hit up a phone that's up. to. date.

I told my wife I will never buy her another apple product. The ones I have in my possession are all received via the means of Free, the only price at which I will consider using iOSux.

For fuck's sake Apple, plugging in a god damned thumb drive is something that even my 70yo+ boomer parents have learned to wrap their heads around. Why are you such fucking trash?

Don't even get me started on trying to browse the internet on an iPhone. I will NEVER buy an iPhone with my own money at this point. And I've migrated all my music back to Wim-Amp, movies to Plex, and I use Amazon music for any new purchases.

End Rant.

At least iMovie is a $1000 piece of software that I got for free on the free Mac I'm typing this on. Need it for the annual family video for the Xmas card.

If BK and JS were to resign I'd say, "why don't you blow me
by ArasEra  (2019-11-07 18:08:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...a kiss as you're leaving".

I just spit up my coffee. *
by irishnyer  (2019-11-08 09:38:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a warped form of signalling by which the
by Raoul  (2019-11-07 18:06:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Poster is saying I am really right in my views.

Tell Bill I said have a Coke and a smile *
by Profkid93  (2019-11-07 17:38:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll confess to swearing in Romper Room on game day
by irishguard78  (2019-11-07 16:23:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but would argue that it is entirely called for there....especially after barely winning a game after being a 17 point favorite and having 3 turnovers in the red zone.

I'm not better than that and typed my swear words freely back there.

I think when RR is open basically anything goes
by terramarirish  (2019-11-07 16:58:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yours truly,

Another copious RR swearer

Romper room swearing is not really frowned upon.
by hometown fan  (2019-11-07 16:56:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At some point I believe posters are/were cautioned about entering the room.

Will Smith don't have to cuss in his raps to sell records...
by gordonbombay  (2019-11-07 16:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, I do. So fuck him and fuck you too.

Dude coming with a suit and tie rap
by terramarirish  (2019-11-07 16:59:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that’s cleaner than a bar of soap.

Perfect.
by OCND  (2019-11-07 16:14:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Absolutely fucking perfect.

I don't have to cuss to have a good time. *
by voidoid  (2019-11-07 15:42:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We don’t have to take our clothes off... *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-11-08 08:57:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh, GHUKOGH *
by milhouse  (2019-11-07 15:13:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you request a mulligan? *
by ACross  (2019-11-08 02:22:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Speaking of someone who should GHUKOGH...
by milhouse  (2019-11-08 13:44:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anything that disappeared after I posted it was the result of my own decision to delete it.

People with higher intelligence swear more
by Allumeuse  (2019-11-07 15:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so congrats to us. Science provided it motherfucker.

In my experience it’s the opposite.
by tdiddy07  (2019-11-07 21:37:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There’s a time and place for sweating. Including on this bored. But common reliance on coarseness to express one’s self generally comes from ignorance and misplaced self-assuredness.

Well, you are just wrong and this is a good example
by Allumeuse  (2019-11-08 10:50:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of antecedent evidence potentially impacted by personal bias.

There have been over a dozen studies that have shown that people with higher IQs are significantly bigger swearers.

People who swear have also been shown to be more successful, not less, have significantly stronger language skills and higher vocabularies, are more likely to know a foreign language, tend to be better educated and have higher happiness levels.

Other studies have also found that people who swear more are more likely to be telling you the truth--potty mouths are more honest apparently.

Sure because you're comparing very different demographics.
by tdiddy07  (2019-11-08 11:15:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those studies likely aren't particularly useful in making conclusions about people that come from the same demographics. And all those studies are couched in "might" because they're not particularly robust and suffer from all sorts of problems in cross-checking factors. This seems like an odd topic to be emotionally invested in. Could some of those things be true? Sure. Maybe. But these studies are likely less useful in making conclusions than studies on nutrition science.

To say nothing of the fact that IQ is not a particularly compelling measure of the value of a person.

Yes. Drawing firm conclusions on such a thing when
by Raoul  (2019-11-08 14:16:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So many cultural factors need to be controlled for (including definingwhat a swear word is) is a fool's errand. But it makes people feel good about their lack of decorum. Good to know the Romper Room on game day is where all the smartest folks post.

What do you have against the Romper Room?
by captaineclectic  (2019-11-08 14:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The directness and candor displayed there a little much for your disposition?

You prefer your aggression to be a lot more passive?

Can’t stand not being able to play cop?

Do the studies that underlie your opinion lack these flaws? *
by captaineclectic  (2019-11-08 12:46:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gosh, you are so badass and edgy!
by BostonIrish  (2019-11-07 20:19:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll make sure to leave all my kids and strollers at home!

I was just thinking about posting something along the lines
by ndstein04  (2019-11-07 17:21:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

being in favor of more profanity on the board to prove we aren’t mouth breathers since science says what your headline states.

Science!
by Allumeuse  (2019-11-08 10:52:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck yeah, coming again to save the motherfucking day yeah!

do you kiss gramma with that mouth mister!? *
by 84david  (2019-11-07 14:40:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

only if gramma wants the tongue *
by abqgant  (2019-11-07 17:08:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No tongues.
by ArasEra  (2019-11-07 18:31:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't even have to open that to know what it was. lmao *
by abqgant  (2019-11-07 19:17:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The BYU board can be found a few clicks on the right *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-11-07 14:32:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a fan of rough talk, I gather?
by CMillar  (2019-11-07 14:27:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"No loud cussin' or yer out!"

Ah, ruff. Just the way your mother likes it Trebek *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-11-07 17:00:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For me, it's a side effect of all of the years
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-11-07 14:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of taking Ibuprophen prior to having my hips replaced. The medical term is Ibuprofanity.

That was Swearinger’s issue on Deadwood, chronic pain
by Inigomontoya  (2019-11-07 14:14:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

caused his colorfully foul language.

And he had the perfect last name. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-11-07 14:37:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, boomer. *
by gradyfan  (2019-11-07 13:49:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

?
by sprack  (2019-11-07 14:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a joke on social media right now...
by BigNDfan  (2019-11-07 15:07:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

directed at baby boomers.

And those who act the part. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-11-07 18:38:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, I know that *
by sprack  (2019-11-07 15:09:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Snowflake *
by Nitschke  (2019-11-07 16:01:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've intentionally avoided finding out what that even means *
by sprack  (2019-11-07 16:13:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe CJC can mansplain it to you *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-11-07 17:14:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, cuz you'd probably be triggered and need a safe space. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-11-07 16:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh yeah? The jerk store called. *
by Nitschke  (2019-11-07 16:23:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, Boomer. *
by BigNDfan  (2019-11-07 15:34:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I misread this as "sweaters" at first
by Santos L Halper  (2019-11-07 13:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought Potato House had won the revolution

They're looking for approval from fellow swearers
by SB Jimbo  (2019-11-07 13:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially on Rock's House.

Bonus points if you curse Kelly and Swarbrick in the same post.

I would rather Notre Dame GIVE UP FOOTBALL
by jt  (2019-11-07 14:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wait, sorry....what were we talking about?

I must be getting old
by Molly Maguires  (2019-11-07 15:03:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because I can’t remember who said that first or why

Probably about joining a conference or something

I think it was about hiring a coach
by jt  (2019-11-08 10:12:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and giving that coach discretion upon what types of kids to get through admissions.

Nothing wrong with swearing.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-11-07 13:40:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, it is quite poor etiquette and a violation of board rules to include profanity in the Subject.

Have we met?
by The Holtz Room  (2019-11-07 13:31:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry
by manofdillon  (2019-11-07 13:16:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shittin' rocks.