Am I Unique?
by nDTwice (click here to email the poster) (2024-04-17 18:59:27)

Gave up chips for Lent.

No longer have ay desire for them.

Chips as in potatoe chips. Then … no ur carb aware. If chips
by LAW83  (2024-04-19 16:04:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as I’m poker. Get a life

You’re in last spirals of life. Calling dibs on your BMW
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-18 09:04:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will be by in the morning to pick it up

I gave up swearing for Lent. It actually worked long term
by 84david  (2024-04-18 08:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so far.

Gotta watch what I say at work and around the grand kids. Its definitely a positive.

You are all individuals! We are all individuals.
by pmoose  (2024-04-18 08:16:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not!

Dan Chucta is unique.
by Balthrop  (2024-04-18 05:12:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Favorite cartoon character from Saturday morninggrowing up.

Ponch weeps *
by mr_neutron  (2024-04-18 00:47:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I gave up soda for lent in high school
by DawsonMayes871  (2024-04-17 23:05:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At the end of Lent I didn’t want it anymore, haven’t really drank it in the last 20yrs. After a couple months it tasted really syrupy to me, not enjoyable. Realized I liked carbonation not the actual soft drink. Ever since I’ve drank a lot of seltzer.

When you give yourself the chance to break a habit behavior can change drastically.

They call them crisps in the UK. *
by Tommy Baseball  (2024-04-17 22:31:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I gave up the “F” word for Lent last year. Decided I used it
by irishguard78  (2024-04-17 22:18:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Too often. At first it was difficult. I think I’ve used it six times since the beginning of last Lent. I now look for other words to express my emotions, dissatisfaction or anger. Oh I still swear, but this Lent I tried cutting back on that as well. I still swear on occasion, but now I say dang, darn, shoot, crud and jeepers……nothing like I used to.

F***that ! *
by LAW83  (2024-04-19 16:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Shut the front door!" is now my go to phrase. *
by 84david  (2024-04-18 09:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That phrase drives me up the wall
by El Kabong  (2024-04-19 10:19:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's like people who say "glassbowl" and "sugar".

If you're going to curse, curse. If you're not, don't throw in bullshit words that don't mean what you're trying to make them mean. You can call someone a jerk, you can say "doggone it" or something if swearing bothers you so much.

Not to single you out, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

You remind me of some Mormons I used to know
by jt  (2024-04-18 00:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OH FIDDLE!

Ha….i used to spend too much time at the trading desk
by irishguard78  (2024-04-18 21:54:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Positions gone bad, getting picked off, just general cursing. I never lost it and decided it wasn’t particularly appropriate as an older man. Mormon? Aw fudge….. Hardly.

We call them fries in the USA. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2024-04-17 21:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Remember: You are unique…
by mkovac  (2024-04-17 20:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just like everybody else.

Rock on.

I gave up booze for a Dry January/gym challenge thing…
by FL_Irish  (2024-04-17 20:21:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

…a couple years ago and never went back. Was very surprised by how little I missed it and enjoyed having the extra calories available for other things.

Stopped peanut butter in mid 70s. Nothing to do with
by Raoul  (2024-04-17 20:10:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

allergies (I don't even remember anything about peanut allergies back then) or dieting. But my mother, who always us served PBJ or peanut butter on our toast, decided to get hip with the make-your-own trend of that era (Salton started it as I recall). I was disgusted by the appearance of homemade peanut butter (need to stir in the oil), and the taste was worse. So I never ate peanut butter again. Not in a sandwich. Not on toast. Not in a rece's, etc. And I could never bring myself to ever again eat Jif or Skippy or other mainstream peanut butters either. The homemade stuff ruined all peanut butters for me forever. My sandwiches were never PBJ ever again (mostly cheese).

I like peanuts - roasted, salted, in a shell. But I will never consume peanut butter again.

You can pry my potatoes out of my cold dead hands.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-17 19:48:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But seriously, good for you.

Is that you Mark Watney? *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2024-04-17 19:52:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I gave up ice cream...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-04-17 19:39:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in 1992.

Actually, what I gave up was eating a bowl of ice cream, or a Dove dark chocolate-covered ice cream bar, every single night. Then it occurred to me that this might have contributed to my gaining 10 pounds in one year at age 37. So I thought, I'll lay off it for a while.

32 years later, I continue to have no particular yen for ice cream. I'll have some maybe 2, 3 times a year. One is annually after the golf outing of the Chicago Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, which is at Silver Lakes club in Orland Park, IL. My route back towards 294 includes a stop at the Plush Horse ice cream parlor, which a pal and I discovered while riding our bikes one summer day in 1967; my annual chocolate chip on a sugar cone is a trip on memory lane.

10 pounds?
by mkovac  (2024-04-17 20:37:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your profile says you are 5-10 and 155 pounds.

I give you a one-year Papal dispensation that will allow you your small after-dinner ice cream treat.

Check back with us in a year, and we might extend that dispensation.

Personally, I like chocolate, chocolate chip, and strawberry flavors. Great stuff.

What are your favorite flavors?

I haven't had a drink in 45 days.
by Kali4niaND  (2024-04-17 19:09:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By my barometer, you are unique.

To be more buff? *
by ACross  (2024-04-17 20:55:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you abandoned the mercy rule? *
by arch_moore  (2024-04-17 21:07:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coaching kids baseball is unfair to the rest
by ACross  (2024-04-17 23:19:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I eschew a hat so I look like Tonto.

Svelte? *
by arch_moore  (2024-04-18 08:06:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You look like a Fool? *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2024-04-18 05:20:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pasty white is so vogue *
by ACross  (2024-04-18 20:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Skin like pleather is an awesome look. *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2024-04-18 21:58:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

28 days right now for me
by mocopdx  (2024-04-17 19:12:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No particular reason other than the occasional break being nice.

I am going to make up for it tenfold tomorrow in Vegas.

18 hours for me
by knutesteen  (2024-04-17 20:27:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I'll end that shortly when pouring a Big Swell. 🍻