This is going to be a weird poll question
by p.s. I am not a crackpot (2019-09-01 19:14:05)

Six months ago, a good friend of mine (let's call him John) married a girl (let's call her Ellie) he had dated for seven years.

Yesterday, he told me (and our group of friends) Ellie and him are getting a divorce. We were all stunned because Ellie is a great girl and all of us in our group like her a lot.

The reason: John found out last week that Ellie had banged the stripper who was at her bachelorette party.

Ellie said the bachelorette party is supposed to be the last hurrah to sow your wild oats before you get married, and this was part of her doing so. She said had John had sex at his bachelor party (which wasn't even an option because we played poker and watched ND get pounded by Virginia up at our buddy's lake house for a weekend), she wouldn't have considered it a big deal. John obviously feels very different and doesn't feel he'll be able to get over the betrayal.

We're all still processing this, but I wonder if other people feel the same way as John or Ellie. Obvs they should have had this kind of discussion before the parties happened, but other than that, what's the thoughts of the BR?

I thought I set my NDN for no reruns *
by Nitschke  (2021-11-15 08:59:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm starting to think you're actually a crackpot *
by pmac98  (2019-09-03 16:41:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah but did she eat the strippers pizza crust? *
by dulac89  (2019-09-02 23:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Move on
by maniactranspodriver  (2019-09-02 19:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were a mismatch.

While one reason my ex-wife is such is due to my devotion to football, my unofficial bachelor party she did come out with a bunch of friends to a strip bar in Canada and ordered me a lap dance. We knew our boundaries and didn't cross them. She used to be fun. Happily divorced and single despite the extreme legal and alimony costs.

Is no one standing up for Ellie’s point of view?
by DakotaDomer  (2019-09-02 16:03:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m not surprised no one here agrees with it but I’ve certainly heard it come out of plenty of guy’s mouths previously. I feel like there’s a non-insignificant portion of the population that believes anything goes (hall pass) for the bachelor party. I’d assume most of us did 1 or 2 things during our bachelor parties that we’d never get permission for typically and will never do again.

Again, our Catholic schoolkid morality might not include this one...but I’m not the only one who has heard this before right? Is there a religious, cultural, or class divide that we don’t have represented here?

Anything goes? No.
by DillonFightSong  (2019-09-03 09:27:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get a pass or at least won't get asked questions about much else? Sure. There were hookers and blow at my bachelor party. But I knew where the line was. I didn't partake in the hookers.

I caught pneumonia at a strip club on Edison Hwy in ‘78.
by mkovac  (2021-06-01 22:25:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had to cancel the honeymoon in Vail

My wife had the flu.

At least I got 2 wonderful children out of the deal.

Congrats on having twins with the stripper *
by NDManorite  (2021-11-14 11:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, ok: I did something for the last time at mine
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 19:45:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But mine was "bet at a roulette table," not "copulate with a stranger."

I thought that said "strangler."
by tdiddy07  (2019-09-03 15:45:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Weirdly, it really didn't change the shock value for me.

I do not think anyone will stand up to her point of view
by ACross  (2019-09-02 18:38:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You moron.

I’ve been to bachelor parties where guys cheat.
by EricCartman  (2019-09-02 18:04:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are the same guys that cheated before they got married and after they got married.

I can think of one guy that has only cheated once (he may have cheated at other points in time and I just don’t know that he did). The rest are just that kind of guy.

She is wrong. There is no “her side of the argument” because her side isn’t defendable.

Eff that
by pmcdnd96  (2019-09-02 17:14:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't have a single friend who fucked a stripper at their bachelor party. Anybody who did is an asshole. Like Mario Lopez. Fuck that guy.

At my bachelor party I rented a boat and drank a ton of beer (not while driving the boat.) I have since rented other boats and I am in the process of drinking a ton of beer right now.

I would estimate the percentage of the population who thinks it is OK for men to have sexual relations at their bachelor party to be less than one tenth of a percent.

Pretty easy google - this one says 33%
by DakotaDomer  (2019-09-02 23:25:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because people are terrible

Those guys are wrong too
by DBCooper  (2019-09-02 16:36:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you chose to do something wrong if you get caught you pay consequences.

When the holiday is on a Monday which house do you celebrate
by Johnnysalami  (2019-09-02 16:15:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at? Weekday or weekend house?

Take your Team Ellie crap if elsewhere!

I kid.

There is but one solution for her and the attendees. (link)
by cj  (2019-09-02 14:57:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a weird scenario
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 11:03:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A few thoughts, in which I will try to do something other than simply replicate things already said:

1. If you marry a person, and that person then goes out and cheats on you, that's one thing. You made a promise, and the promise isn't conditional; if both parties intended to keep their promises when made, they're still binding even if one party acts in a manner incompatible with them. That's part of the deal. Marriage isn't like a contract for the manufacture of widgets, where A's obligations are discharged by B's first material breach.

2. But this scenario is different: John and Ellie got married when Ellie had cheated before and John didn't know it. That goes to the premise of the marriage; John probably doesn't need to settle for divorce, he probably has grounds for annulment based on fraud. The question he faces isn't just "should I stay married to a person who wasn't faithful," but "would I have been willing to marry someone who already wasn't faithful and who had hidden that from me"?

Obviously only John can answer that second question for himself. Certainly if---as is entirely reasonable---his answer is "no," then he should do as he is doing.

3. (Cue tangent): at the same time perhaps people generally oughtn't to date for seven years before getting married. I guess if John and Ellie were high-school sweethearts and spent some time dating long-distance during college that wouldn't be as long a time as it sounds. But without running through an entire set of assumptions, I bet they're not 24, and that this might have played out differently had (a) they gotten married years ago or (b) they had thought more carefully about the question "do I want to marry this person" from the outset of their relationship.

You have a very strange thought process *
by ACross  (2019-09-02 19:03:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They met in high school
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 11:12:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John was a senior and Ellie was a junior. They married after John finished grad school.

If she is a teacher
by DBCooper  (2019-09-02 14:06:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She sounds like the type who ends up banging the 15 year old in her class

This does add an interesting twist
by Tex Francisco  (2019-09-02 13:11:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it possible John was the only man she had been with up until the stripper? I'm not sure if that's a mitigating factor, but maybe it could be if he wanted it to be.

Possible but not lilely
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-09-02 13:15:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Give the ensuing events.

That likely diminishes the relevance of my third thought.
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 11:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In some ways that makes the whole thing even weirder.

It might make it more understandable
by pmcdnd96  (2019-09-02 14:51:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who would possibly think it was "normal" for somebody to fuck a stripper at a bachelorette party?
1.) A complete whore
2.) A very naive fool who lacks life experience under the influence of her party girl maid of honor

I wonder
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 15:52:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have to be way beyond conventional levels of naive for (2). Because you not only have to be naive enough, in the standard sense, to accept the story that it's "normal," you also have to be sufficiently unmoored to conclude that "normal" is the same as "acceptable."

I also wonder what the true n for this sort of thing is. How "normal" is it really? Nashville has become the bachelorette-party capital of the country in the last few years. The groups I see roaming downtown do not tend to exude an "I'm here for a little chaste fun" air. (Ask the same question for the other sex as well, but they don't seem to stand out the same way.)

Sounds like Ellie was witness to the Virginia pounding too *
by pmcdnd96  (2019-09-02 10:38:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many folks seem to be wondering...
by shawno3  (2019-09-02 11:16:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...whether more than just Ellie witnessed that Virginia pounding. My money says that the maid of honor did. I’d even wager that she left the stands to join in while the stripper planted a pole at midfield.

Oof. *
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 10:39:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To answer a question below
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 10:20:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife did not attend this party, but two of our friends girlfriends did.

They were just as shocked as we were. They did say they weren't in the bride's presence all the time, so it may have happened, but they were unaware.

Their opinion is the maid of honor talked her into it, they weren't very impressed by her.

Was the Maid of Honor JT’s SIL?
by graNDfan  (2019-09-02 19:44:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That might add a layer to the story

I’m reminded of a basic cable movie I saw called A Guy Thing
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-09-02 10:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Paul Morse (Jason Lee) is a good guy. When his friends throw him a wild bachelor party, he just wants to keep his conscience clean -- which is why he's shocked when he wakes up in bed with a beautiful girl named Becky (Julia Stiles) and can't remember the night before. Desperate to keep his fiancée, Karen (Selma Blair), from finding out what may or may not be the truth, he tells her a teensy lie. Soon his lies are spiraling out of control and his life is a series of comical misunderstandings.

Is Ellie sure she had sex with the stripper? This could all be a comical misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, after 20 minutes there was a commercial break and I flipped to another channel and never returned to the movie, so I don’t know how things turned out for poor Paul. Julia Stiles was much cuter than his fiancée, so I kind of hope that he either slept with Becky or ended up with her in the end.

Similarly, if Ellie must choose between her love and her lust, I hope she follows her heart rather than her now famously ravenous nether regions.

It would be hard...
by NDde  (2019-09-02 10:07:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I would be hurt, but I think I could eventually get over it. I would at least try, especially if Ellie has otherwise been a great girl. And it sounds like an isolated incident.

Hell, people fuck up. It doesn't mean that they should never be forgiven or given a second chance. Not that I would recommend it, but something like this might end up even strengthening their relationship for the long term. Maybe it will promote better and more open communication in the future.

She claims monogamy other than that incident
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 10:10:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be inclined to believe it because she's always been very sweet and otherwise worshipped the ground he walked on. Our wives/girlfriends always thought she was great.

I'll cut to the chase then; is she just really dumb?
by TCIrish03  (2019-09-02 10:15:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To "worship the ground" the guy walks on then do something like that because "doesn't everyone do that?"

How is she handling the divorce? Devastated? Has it already been filed or just threatened?

She is a bit flakey
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 10:30:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't say that to be sexist, that's just the best word to describe her.

She's very sweet. As I posted elsewhere, the conventional wisdom is the maid of honor talked her into it. We don't know her reaction because our only connection to her was through John, and none of us have spoken to her.

Has to be a flake. Why in Jupiters name
by Inigomontoya  (2019-09-02 11:41:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would she tell her husband she banged a stripper and not thing he’ll fire would rain down?

“Hey, hon...so you are saying you wouldn’t bang a stripper at your bachelor party?”

“Well, that’s interesting...because at my bachelorette party the male stripper banged me...no biggie, right? Right?”

I’m guessing she wanted out of the marriage and wanted to drop this bomb on him. Or wanted to see if he was interested in an open marriage.

“Nothing much. I slept with Elaine last night.”
by The Holtz Room  (2019-09-02 11:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That scene is how it went down in my head.

How does the MoH know Ellie?
by TCIrish03  (2019-09-02 10:33:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sister? Long or short-time friend?

She should be personally pleading along with Ellie to John.

Grew up together in their neighborhood
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 11:14:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never really met her other than a quick how do you do at the wedding. I do know John's not a big fan.

Hmmm? A quick how you do.
by SWPaDem  (2019-09-02 11:44:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think John's got the right idea getting out of this one.

Do you know how he found out?
by Tex Francisco  (2019-09-02 10:15:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did Ellie just casually bring it up in conversation like it was no big deal?

When fire shot out of his dick while trying to pee
by TAR  (2019-09-02 10:53:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He began to wonder

C Ya *
by other_guy  (2019-09-02 09:59:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What she did is neither OK not normal.
by milhouse  (2019-09-02 09:34:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My answer might change if she had come to him acknowledging a terrible mistake and begging his forgiveness. But the fact that she is defending her decision and, presumably, continuing to hang out with friends who are the kind of people who also condone this? No way.

Whether he wants to stay or leave is up to him. Personally, I’d be out the door and I wouldn’t look back. And I wouldn’t be ashamed of it, either. Anybody who asked would hear the same answer, too. “Whoa, you left after just 6 months? What happened?” “It turns out my ex thought it was OK to have sex with a stripper.” That ought to pretty much explain it.

I once broke up with a girl for being too into Pokémon.
by baloo88  (2019-09-02 08:36:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What Ellie did seems quite a bit more serious.

Letting Ellie off the hook here will not make John more mature. It will make him a sucker.

Is it more serious?
by rgvirish  (2019-09-02 12:44:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, didn't she also just basically play poke a man?

every man has his limits *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-09-02 08:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, but this isn’t normal and he needs to move on
by DBCooper  (2019-09-02 08:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is out of a bad porn movie.

It’s not like she got drunk and made a huge mistake and is begging for forgiveness. Then you can go to counseling and hopefully he can find forgiveness. This sounds like, yeah I did it, but I was in my right because of some made up BS rule. What happens if she goes to Vegas, or bangs a former bf (where she thinks it doesn’t count if you already had sex with the guy), or meets a celebrity in her top 20, or bangs a guy in a different zip code. Oh it’s all ok because of some rule she believed when she was 16. I don’t see how he could ever forgive her.
And as others have mentioned did her other friends know? For the rest of his life he will not only know that his wife cheated on him with a stripper but everyone else will know now too, it’s not just their secret to worry about. I also wonder why the stripper? Was it a midlife crisis decision, did she always think she could get a better looking guy and this proves it, so she looks down upon her husband? That won’t last. Just way too many questions and disturbing morals and thoughts for me to want to stay with this woman if I were him.

Did she bang the stripper in front of everyone? The other girls get involved? What type of porn are we looking at here?

To answer the poll question
by DakotaDomer  (2019-09-02 08:34:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The stripper’s behavior is indeed unethical and he should be fired.

I think thats the pole question *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-09-02 08:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually happened to my childhood best friend.
by LAW83  (2019-09-02 06:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He came back from honeymoon in Italy back in 77. He said they hadn’t had sex. She told him she had sex with the singer of the band the group of girls had gone to See at a club for her bachelorette party . He was devastated . I asked one question . Do you love her ? He said he did. I said forgive her.
They ended up having 2 children.
She passed of cancer about 22 years later

Which just goes to show... *
by Bruno95  (2019-09-02 11:28:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Story is from one of the old couples in When Harry Met Sally *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-09-02 11:53:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Facetious answer: I want to be a federal judge...
by Kbyrnes  (2019-09-02 01:02:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but yes, it's true, as now revealed, that before taking the bar exam I embezzled funds from my employer, just to have one last fling of doing what I want. Trust me now!

Mundane, serious answer: Her behavior is recent evidence of substantial immaturity and profound lack of respect for this fellow. Now, people have the right to be immature and disrespectful, and this right is exercised at four-way stops every day. But it bodes very poorly for having the kind of relationship that I think is minimally necessary in a marriage.

That is to say: WTF??

Cosign this
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-09-02 10:27:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well said, kb. Her attitude about it is the most concerning thing to me—it didn’t even occur to her that John might be unhappy about it? Hmmm. If my husband did something like that at a bachelor party and acted that nonchalant about it, my trust in him would be shattered.

If John can forgive her, he is a saint, and hopefully she will learn from it. I’m not optimistic, to be honest; this doesn’t bode well for the future.

They should go to marriage counseling...
by NavyJoe  (2019-09-02 00:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if only to avoid having to send all those wedding gifts back.

Whether or not she had done this before
by sophomaniac  (2019-09-01 23:50:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the bachelorette party, he will never trust that she won’t do it again. If he does he’s a fool. A marriage without trust is doomed. He should move along quickly.

I’d say Ellie is a deplorable tramp, and...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-09-01 23:32:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what’s her phone number?

Ok, first of all...
by denver95  (2019-09-01 22:59:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he was a bartender. And she was wasted. And, if you must know, he didn't even come inside her...

You believe that?

I’m thinking of getting my bartender’s license. *
by Yodadame  (2019-09-02 01:37:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JMJ. My bachelors party was in my MIL house. *
by Irish72  (2019-09-01 22:56:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kinky
by The Holtz Room  (2019-09-01 22:58:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we’ve seen that movie too.

I don’t think guys can realistically pull off that excuse
by irishrock  (2019-09-01 22:23:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess give the gal credit for trying that one

Her rationalization
by 206er  (2019-09-01 22:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is almost a bigger dealbreaker than the act itself

Agree 100%
by bizdomer09  (2019-09-02 10:49:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Focusing on rationalizing it and not recognizing her wrongdoing, expressing remorse, asking forgiveness, outlining a path to healing... all seems bizarre and more indicative of moral and relational defect than the original act.

This is why I ix-nayed the bachelorette pizza party. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-09-01 21:55:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Worried she may eat someone else’s crust? *
by ndstein04  (2019-09-02 10:43:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate it when Dr. Pepper comes out my nose. *
by Irish72  (2019-09-01 22:54:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stings the nostrils. *
by PWK2  (2019-09-02 06:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to know this for sure
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-09-01 21:40:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I’d bet decent money that wasn’t the first time she banged a dude behind his back.

It’ll take some time but he’ll get over it. Of course it
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-09-01 21:25:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will not be tomorrow. Good for him. I hope he finds peace.

This problem solves itself
by captaineclectic  (2019-09-01 21:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he can forgive her and get over it and realize it doesn’t overwhelm or undo their 7+ year bond, they should stay together.

If he can’t, they should not be married.

I say this all with the clear statement that she is in the wrong here.

Bang the stripper.
by OGerry  (2019-09-03 09:05:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope he's more Patrick Swayze than Chris Farley, but fair is fair.

It's pretty surprising that none of the attendees had the
by cj  (2019-09-01 22:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wherewithal to stop what was about to happen. It's ultimately her fault, but the whole thing sounds out of control. I think it'd be tough to see her friends that were there and know what happened. Who could you trust?
"Hey John, I'm going out with my friends..."

I wonder who spilled the beans? (Other than the stripper/gigolo)

The only solution is for both of them to sign in here for an intervention/counseling.

She did, believe it or not
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 08:39:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know what they were watching on TV, but the subject of hen parties came up. I guess a raunchy one was the subject, and John was laughing about it.

Ellie came back with, "What's the big deal, everyone does stuff like that, it's part of the tradition."

John: "I didn't do anything like that. Did you do something like that?"

Roll the ugliness.

OK ... mitigating factor ...
by NDFanSince81  (2019-09-02 17:29:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds like her MoH convinced her it was some of tradition to bang the stripper, and Ellie was flakey enough to fall for it. So blame it on the MoH and bury the hatchet.

Still worthy of some hellfire from John, but maybe it could be an opportunity for them to define what fidelity means for their marriage. If they are otherwise a great couple, closing the path to redemption may be something they might eventually regret.

Unless there are other things going on in the marriage, by itsself this would seem to be a huge but forgivable sin in the bigger scheme of life unlike, say, banging the fed ex guy or something.

He should divorce her for being an idiot.
by NDBass  (2019-09-02 19:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And/or a horrible liar.

Somehow she convinced herself that this was some
by cj  (2019-09-02 15:54:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

kind of acceptable “coming of age” event. The fact that she could casually blurt it out is beyond awkward. She completely misjudged and was trusting that he would view this behavior “casually”. He needs to understand where that came from...friends? Movies? Book? His past behavior she has knowledge of? Who knows? That questioning may give him some understanding/closure.

The whole thing’s sad. She seems very unaware and convinced that she was simply following a tradition. Therefore, it is not a big deal. That’s a big disconnect. What else is okay? Post man?

I hope there’s not a long list of weddings where she’s been a bridesmaid. If it goes in a divorce/annulment direction, he may be able to get a group rate...

she waited 6 months, and
by TommyZ  (2019-09-02 10:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it came about like this? Call me crazy, but I don't think she is all the remorseful about it.

And, like others have mentioned, I would be surprised if this was the only incident. I also suspect others knew as well, and decided to keep it from "John" also and didn't seem to interested in persuading "Ellie" to be thruthful about the event.

Just so we’re clear, your name isn’t John right? *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-09-02 08:54:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very correct
by p.s. I am not a crackpot  (2019-09-02 08:59:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife and I are quite happy.

Strippers don't spill the beans; that's what the money's for *
by ndzippy  (2019-09-01 23:18:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought you pay them to leave *
by DBCooper  (2019-09-02 09:25:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does Ellie like middle aged fat guys? *
by meatwhistle  (2019-09-01 21:18:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After seven years of dating and a pending marriage
by Jvan  (2019-09-01 21:07:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I can't blame her for wanting to sample another dick before walking down the aisle. John is right to be pissed, but a divorce seems rather extreme.

Come on, guys. Women are human too.

Yup *
by Doolinbanjos  (2019-09-02 16:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect she has sampled plenty *
by pmcdnd96  (2019-09-01 22:11:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John sounds like Charlie of the Rhode Island State Police.
by Inigomontoya  (2019-09-01 21:11:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

C’mon Charlie, have you seen their dicks??? They’re the size of these sausages!

He is in San Diego, they have key parties weekly *
by DBCooper  (2019-09-02 09:07:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Depends if she climaxed or not.
by Inigomontoya  (2019-09-01 20:59:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid. But that is pretty bizarre, unusual I think for bachelorette parties to involve the bride to be banging a stripper. I think women generally frown up that. If she grabbed it, or even popped it her mouth for a minute in the heat of the moment, I suppose that scenario would be more plausible. It would also be cheating. But I suppose more in Bill Clinton’s definition of sex.

I have heard of plenty of bachelor parties where there were pros working it, and many attendees, including the groom got into it.

Simple solution for John (link)
by The Holtz Room  (2019-09-01 20:58:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should work it out.
by Jurassic  (2019-09-01 20:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By work it out, I mean tell her wants to reconcile by pounding one of her bridesmaid's, and then divorce her.

Where’s the line?
by DakotaDomer  (2019-09-01 20:48:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What’s the standard of what is allowed at your bachelor/ette party and what’s not?

I feel like after 7 years he shouldnt be shocked and shaken by her actions and if this was the only problem in the marriage or with fidelity that they would breakup.

Anal *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-09-01 20:53:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That only makes a difference...
by shawno3  (2019-09-02 11:40:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if she gave it up for the stripper but never for John.

Aye, that be the blackest line there be. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-09-01 21:01:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brownest *
by goirish89  (2019-09-02 09:51:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In 7 years they didn't have this discussion?
by TCIrish03  (2019-09-01 20:46:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know you said other than that, but I can't get over that one. It's not a little mundane detail not to bring up in 7 years.

When does,“You’re cool with me banging the stripper, right?”
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-09-01 20:52:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

typically come up in your relationships?

It was not covered in our Pre Cana class.

I figured it would be covered in the "we're monogamous
by TCIrish03  (2019-09-01 20:54:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now, right?" part early on.

Ellie has a morally casual attitude. John’s a tool for not
by cmhirish  (2019-09-01 23:29:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

knowing after this much time.

Sometimes, you think you have true love... *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-09-01 20:59:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Goddamn magic show *
by ndzippy  (2019-09-01 23:31:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s probably at least 10 bachelor/ette parties during
by DakotaDomer  (2019-09-01 20:51:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their relationship.

This never came up?

He’s either a complete fool or she really wanted to bang that stripper at that moment and made up her philosophy after the fact.

I agree with your last paragraph, and I doubt that
by TCIrish03  (2019-09-01 21:27:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was her only time.

It’s also odd that otherwise things were great *
by ratinatux  (2019-09-01 20:48:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think her problem was listening to this guy. (link)
by cj  (2019-09-01 20:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no opinion other than you have exactly the right
by 1NDGal  (2019-09-01 20:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

handle to make this post and I applaud you.

Ok maybe I have an opinion: cheating is cheating.

I actually thought his handle was part of the post. *
by ndstein04  (2019-09-01 20:38:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least ND wasn’t the only one getting pounded
by Molly Maguires  (2019-09-01 20:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ll bet the group likes Ellie

Jesus

This must have been the first game, and not the second. *
by domer4  (2019-09-02 00:24:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was he hot?
by 528 Flanner  (2019-09-01 20:06:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A standard backroom response.

His dancing was great and his presentation was very sexy (link)
by captaineclectic  (2019-09-01 21:28:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not exactly *
by TCIrish03  (2019-09-01 20:56:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m gonna need pics of Ellie to be sure
by akaRonMexico  (2019-09-01 20:00:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But my snap judgement is that John is definitely in the right here

Always variables to account for *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-09-01 20:45:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Uh...John is 100000000000000% in the right. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-09-01 19:54:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially if their kid looks like the stripper. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-09-01 21:04:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“Can you tell?”
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-09-01 23:37:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actual question to my friend, a maternity nurse, when the 9mo preggo bride birthed a biracial baby after banging the Bahamanian masseuse during her bachelorette weekend.

Spoiler: she and her hubby were honkies.

I agree with John.
by NDBass  (2019-09-01 19:36:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless the stripper was a chick.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who read the post that way *
by otters92  (2019-09-01 21:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

+1 *
by 1NDGal  (2019-09-01 21:39:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ellie sounds like a real freak
by ndzippy  (2019-09-01 19:26:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, did her friends watch her bang the stripper?

Either way, banging the stripper at one's bachelor/bachelorette party seems a little...over the line.