If you’re an adult and find yourself typing up this letter..
by BigNDfan (2019-01-17 13:30:09)

Ah..he had 18 tackles... hardly “embarrassing *
by Irish  (2019-01-17 20:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just plain DUMB! *
by Wolfetone  (2019-01-17 14:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To which Mark Twain could only reply . . .
by The Flash  (2019-01-17 13:35:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . “It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.”

Someone's blaming our player for a loss and it's NOT BK?
by The_Phoenix  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those six veterans clearly have the aptitude for successful careers as MAC football coaches.

Who still sends letters?
by GolfJunkie17  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This would have been more effective (and more creepy) if it were clipped from a magazine.

“Brad, what’s taking so long with beers, bro?”
by potatohouse  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mike punctuated his rebuke with a smirk as he glanced back at the other two men seated around the coffee table. They returned the look in silence, communicating with their eyes. Mike took a final sip from his Bud Light tall boy and raised it over his head, shaking it for emphasis.

“Just hold up one second.”

Brad’s voice floated back from the kitchen area, a touch of submission in his tone. The sound of the fridge door slamming and the unmistakable swish-swish of polyester track pants fast approached.

“Sorry, guess we crushed all the Lime-a-ritas!”

He paused to smile triumphantly, letting the implied accomplishment of his statement wash over his friends.

“So, uh, I grabbed the strawberry ones. That cool?”

Silence and three sets of eyes greeted his query before the room broke into unified laughter. Mike spoke up first.

“Of course it’s cool! Beer’s beer, bro.”

Brad grinned and nodded. Tossing a can to each man, he retook his seat on the futon. He marveled momentarily at the worn gray cushion. It was pretty impressive the way it had held up in the eleven years since they’d graduated.

The din of the television recaptured their attention and soon the four men were immersed in the flow of the game. A familiar name rolled off the tongue of the color announcer, and from his seat to the side, Pete grunted.

“That asshole Gilman is back in.”

The four friends exchanged knowing looks. Dale snorted and shook his head.

“What, was he hurt? I didn’t even notice.”

Mike nodded and tilted his can up, taking a swig. He grimaced subtly. Not as smooth as he remembered. Swallowing, he grinned and took a quick breath in through his nose.

“Yeah, happened in the first quarter. He pulled a vagina muscle.”

The room again exploded into raucous laughter. From the next seat over, Brad wiped a tear from his eye and slapped his friend playfully on the arm.

“That’s fucking hilarious, dude!”

He paused and shook his head, wiping another tear as his giggles subsided. He repeated the zinger to himself in a low, admiring tone. Pulled a vagina muscle. Fucking epic.

Mike surged with confidence, his face tingling as he absorbed the kudos from his friends, verbal and otherwise. Swallowing another mouthful of his beer-like drink, he extended one finger and shook it thoughtfully towards the screen.

“You know, someone should tell him that.”

Pete raised an eyebrow and parted his lips. His face was still creased with laugh lines from his buddy’s joke. He, too, repeated the bombshell in his head. VAGINA muscle! Gold! Where does he come up with this stuff?

“Tell him what?”

Mike flicked his eyes over and shook his head with condescension. Like it should be obvious.

“That he’s an asshole! And a coward! I mean, who just runs out on Coach Ken like that?”

Dale grunted again, this time in affirmation.

“That’s true. Coulda used him this year.”

Mike began to feel the blood pump more freely through his veins. His pulse elevating, he smacked his palm onto the futon cushion.

“Damn right, we coulda! Fucking Temple? One score game! Tulane? One score game! Ess-!”

Pete interjected, his eyes sharp and focused.

“Don’t forget SMU.”

Mike waved his hand in annoyance.

“I was fucking getting there, bro! Yeah, SMU. Overtime. SMU, Temple, Tulane. And those Army fucks, too. Shit, add those four wins to our three and we’re fucking bowl eligible.”

Brad nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, definitely. Probably get into the Poinsettia or some shi-.”

Mike cut him off with a playful smack to the shoulder.

“Doesn’t matter what bowl. Point is, this Gilman pussy fucked us. Fucking quit on us.”

He paused and set his jaw, bringing his expression more serious and somber.

“Fucking quit on our country too, in a way.”

Shaking his head, he took another sip and simply repeated his initial point in a low tone.

“Someone should tell him that…”

The room fell silent as introspection gripped each man. The game continued in the background but no one was really paying attention any longer.

Suddenly, his heartbeat banging against his ribs, Brad jumped to his feet. He looked around the room. He swallowed hard and spoke, his voice trembling just a bit.

“So why don’t we?”

Pete raised his brow again.

“Why don’t we what?

But Brad didn’t look his direction. Angling his eyes down to the true alpha of the group, he slapped Mike on the back and smiled brightly.

“Why don’t we fucking tell him?”

Mike regarded his old roommate for a moment, letting his gaze rise upward. He could see the dancing excitement in Brad’s eyes. Feeling an electric surge streak through his gut, he smiled back and moved to a stand as well.

“Fuck yeah! You’re right! We should!”

He watched Brad nod back at him and extend his palm, signaling for an embrace. Gritting his teeth, he nodded and clasped his friend’s hand firmly, pulling him into a signature bro hug.

Suddenly each man was up from their prone position. A minute-long exchange of high-fives, hugs, and emphatic expletives filled the air.

As the celebration began to calm down, Mike and Brad hugged one final time. Their bodies pressed together, they could feel the adrenaline coursing between them. Mike was about to casually disengage when his eyes widened fast. He’d felt something else, too…

Leaning back quickly, he shot his friend a panicked look. He licked his dry lips and swallowed.

“Bro, what the fuck? Are you-?”

He didn’t want to look, but instinct took over. He flicked his eyes quickly downward, past Brad’s torso and directly to the front of his blue and gold Adidas track pants. His eyes widened again and he felt the air hold hard in his lungs. Returning his gaze to his friend’s face, he spoke accusingly.

“Do you have a fucking boner?”

For the second time in as many minutes, suffocating silence held the room. Brad felt the color rush from his face and his stomach twisted into a knot. He stayed quiet for several seconds, his brain sputtering as he tried to choose his words.

“I, uh-. I-.”

He paused and swallowed hard. Tearing his eyes away from Mike, he glanced nervously at his two other friends. Turning back to face the accusation directly, he just took the plunge.

“Um, well, yeah. I don’t know-. Sorry, bro. I don’t know why…”

He trailed off, unable to conjure up an adequate explanation, nor able to break his friend’s steely stare.

Mike felt his abs flex and the skin of his face pull tight. He grinded his teeth and narrowed his eyes. He spoke with clear purpose.

“So do I.”

Brad nearly gasped as a sizzling jolt passed through his system. But his shock was replaced quickly by cool refreshing relief. He spoke with inquisitive softness.

“You do?”

Mike sniffed in through his nose and took another full sip of his drink. He nodded matter-of-factly.

“Hard as fucking steel, baby.”

He paused and looked to his left, raising his chin at Dale.

“You?”

Dale grunted, as was his way.

“Thought I was the only one.”

Mike smirked and adjusted his gaze.

“Pete?”

Pete nodded enthusiastically.

“I could roll out a fucking pizza dough with this thing.”

All four men smirked together, bonded further by their shared arousal. Finally, Brad broke the silence, verbalizing what was certainly on everyone’s mind.

“So what do we do? How do we let this prick know we mean business?”

Mike looked back at him. And then at Pete. And then at Dale. And then at the television. He scowled as #11 in the white and gold streaked across the screen. Taking a final swig, bringing the can to at least one-quarter empty, he looked purposefully at Brad.

“Go get my Macbook from the office, bro.”

He paused to adjust the front of his jeans, an evil smile forming across his lips.

“I know exactly what we’re going to do…”

This is why I put you on highlight.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2019-01-19 17:49:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Porpoiseboy is a hack compared to you.

Simply outstanding...HOF. Ranks with Bruno's finest *
by domerdocmn99  (2019-01-18 20:11:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are genius. This is Nobel Prize in Literature worthy *
by EmilT76  (2019-01-18 15:44:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Turn it into a screenplay. Start the casting calls. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-01-18 13:58:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope someone sends it to...
by Revue Party  (2019-01-18 14:01:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...the director of this year's Keenan Revue. The hard work's already done. All they need to do is cast it.

Mike smirked and adjusted his gaze.
by DCDave  (2019-01-18 06:31:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the laughs.

Didn’t read this at first because it was long. Very glad
by MDDomer  (2019-01-18 06:17:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that I went back and did so. Fantastic and very well done.

I almost didn't write it for the same reason.
by potatohouse  (2019-01-18 12:20:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got halfway through and stopped, thinking 'No one's gonna read this long ass nonsense.'

But I was already committed to the boner finale. So I saw it through.

I'm thankful that you did though I did just spit a grape
by MDDomer  (2019-01-18 13:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the computer screen when I read 'boner finale'. I foresee a play on Broadway that will be just as epic as Les Miserables. I want front row seats to the 'The Boner Finale'

"Committed to the boner finale" shall be your epitaph *
by akaRonMexico  (2019-01-18 13:41:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and added to the RHG *
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-19 11:09:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We should all be so lucky. *
by potatohouse  (2019-01-18 14:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s certainly my goal
by son of galway  (2019-01-18 15:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps not my wife’s.

Or the first line of his LinkedIn profile.
by Revue Party  (2019-01-18 14:00:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or...maybe not.

Could be both. *
by MDDomer  (2019-01-18 14:01:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

brad the same asswipe hes ever been *
by johneye  (2019-01-18 00:18:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Legendary *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-17 23:25:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this is fantastic
by quasimodo  (2019-01-17 22:44:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was reallllllly good "fiction".

do you write for a living?

Q

This is so good. Bravo *
by IrishLep  (2019-01-17 21:55:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is too good to not be based on real-life
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-17 21:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m guessing you based it on a brother in law

Dale is my favorite
by Molly Maguires  (2019-01-18 08:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"As was his way" killed me

I'd like to go on the record
by Otis  (2019-01-17 21:02:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As saying I highlighted you before it was cool.

Beer's beer bro.

That’s gold, Jerry. Gold! *
by eriendfan  (2019-01-17 20:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Somebody should tweet this in response
by golfjunkie17  (2019-01-17 19:30:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So that more people can enjoy this.

This will be an exhibit at your Nobel Prize hearing *
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-17 19:13:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn’t you hear? Potato house is going for SCOTUS
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-18 07:54:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So hopefully Feinstein will read the whole thing into the record

They all wear sweatpants under the robes
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-18 08:07:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except Kavanaugh, who wears an assortment of pastel polo shirts, loafers without socks, tucked-in shirts, but most importantly, collars up.

I’m surprised PJ and Squi weren’t present for ph’s scene *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-18 08:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Indeed. *
by nicholas06  (2019-01-17 20:18:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BOOM goes the dynamite. *
by Revue Party  (2019-01-17 18:34:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

New high lite poster to me *
by discNDav  (2019-01-17 17:44:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you SURE those weren't Zimas?
by LateNiteNaugles  (2019-01-17 17:33:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brilliant...just brilliant.

Ding Ding Ding
by Voisman  (2019-01-17 17:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck Brad and Fuck Michigan!

Excellent! Would love to some of your other writing *
by Trestle-an  (2019-01-17 17:13:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome *
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-17 17:07:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of the best ever. *
by NDFanSince81  (2019-01-17 14:56:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well Done! *
by ColoraDomer  (2019-01-17 14:54:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent and very well done. *
by 528 Flanner  (2019-01-17 14:44:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nicely done. *
by barrister  (2019-01-17 14:42:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Truly inspired effort here.
by nd06  (2019-01-17 14:27:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had to pause halfway through to compose myself. Best post I've seen on NDN in years.

"beer-like drink"
by Profkid93  (2019-01-17 13:31:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As with all great writing, it's the small details that matter.

Awesome *
by ThreeD  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just added another highlighted poster *
by T_Allen  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought your contribution to the betterment of mankind
by jddomer  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would be the widespread adoption of Sweater Casual. Nope. This is it. Well done, sir!

That was freaking awesome. Well done! *
by fresnodomer  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But who were the other two vets???? *
by GolfJunkie17  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You gotta wait for Chapter 2: "I want in on that, bro!" *
by rockmcd  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice work *
by meatwhistle  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Incredible. It's like I'm in the room with them. *
by rockmcd  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way awesome *
by El Kabong  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“How do we let this prick know we mean business?”
by SEE  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guffaw ensued

I’m glad you use your powers for good and not evil. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that you Nicolas Sparks? *
by Flanner89  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy sh-- bravo! *
by TCIrish03  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(standing ovation) *
by akaRonMexico  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You magnificent bastard! *
by Lloyd Braun  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I could roll out a &$%@*^$ pizza dough with this thing."
by Tjmcfly  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A+

It's beautiful. You have a gift. *
by LondonDomer  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This one goes straight to the Hall of Fame. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m crying. *
by RallyingSon  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice that they didn’t sign their names while calling
by SEE  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Someone else A coward

Who the hell sends insults by US Mail these days?
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Much easier to do it anonymously online on a college football board.

University of Michigan graduates who are serial killers? *
by OldIrishFan  (2019-01-17 14:38:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Terrorists and cowards. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was malicious; sounds personal.
by JMAC  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be surprised if any veterans or USNA grads were involved.

Ah yes, the old school version of internet crazies. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the pic next to "Utter Douchbaggery" in the dictionary *
by johneye  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disgrace *
by alleghenyirish  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beyond pathetic *
by brandon  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They must think the Alabama roster was "mediocre at best"
by jbrown_9999  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as well since Clemson beat them by one more than ND

They are so honorable
by bmoreirish  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That they didn't even have the courage to sign their names.

My first reaction as well. *
by milhouse  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably USNA students taunting
by 88_92wsnd  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No one with a life cares if some kid transfers out of the Academy

Probably some random guy who tweets at recruits.
by Bruno95  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope no Naval Academy grad or student is this big of a coward.

I hope no Naval Academy students write like this *

I work with quite a few USNA grads. Yes they do. *
by 84david  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by HTownND  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just crappy all around.

People should leave recruits and players the F alone on social media.

The lesson here is not to do anything of accomplishment.
by SWPaDem  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or anything at all.

Or
by HTownND  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't listen to jackasses (which may spike my ignore count around here).

Alohi, I suspect, is confident enough in his own skin and abilities, he probably thought that the letter was funny/dumb/ridiculous, etc.

That said, F those guys who wrote it.

Hypocritical idiocy on display by the "authors." There is a
by VaDblDmr  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

good reason for the rule allowing academy transfers up to beginning of third year without penalty.
Signed, a veteran and son of a West Point grad.

I agree with the poster who thinks it's USNA pukes.
by 801stlouis  (2019-01-17 13:30:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone is capable of being petty (even otherwise good guys) . These dudes may be classmates of his from the Canoe School. As you know, Annapolis has a way of really bringing out the arrogance in some of 'em.

One of our fellow Dillonites and one of my best friends (you know him) did 2 years on Army scholarship at ND and dropped. Knowing him like I did, I was pretty sure he was going to drop all along, but I understood and didn't think any worse of him. My dad, on the other hand and because of the job he held, took it personally. Dad and I argued about it a few times. He just couldn't disassociate himself enough from his reality to understand that the Army was offering that deal because it was generally in their best interest. So, if certain individuals chose to use it to their advantage, that was just some collateral damage.

Even USNA dorks
by ShillelaghHugger  (2019-01-17 15:08:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wouldn't refer to themselves as 'veterans'

So I doubt it.

This smells like an angry old NCO.

Everything about that whole thing

Is sucky