Freeman Foskey and Mayer did a Hangover parody
by 84david (2022-07-27 08:34:15)

Golics looked sharp in William (Bill) Murray polos *
by RJD  (2022-07-29 15:56:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Credits:
by cincysubdomer  (2022-07-28 03:35:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Camera Overheating Due to Desert Coordinator"

Freeman is cool as hell
by 105Marquette  (2022-07-27 21:48:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope he coaches as cool as he looks.

For the epitome of cool MF needs to dress like Walt Frazier
by Frank Drebin  (2022-07-28 08:31:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Orange leisure suit, white belt, white patent leather shoes, white fedora and a long white fur cape would be a perfect look on the sidelines

Seemed like a decent actor as well. *
by cabnd00  (2022-07-28 08:14:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loved it. Foskey, Mayer and Coach were great. And as
by Homeboy73  (2022-07-27 18:56:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

always, the Golic family came through in spades! Very well done. No Kelly dancing on the rotating stripper pole.

Never saw The Hangover or The Hangover II. Was there a III?
by art fern  (2022-07-27 13:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I realized the original was about a bachelor party in Las Vegas. Back to video, I assume it was true to the script, in that they met in the desert about an exchange for money and (?). It is ostensibly well done.

My only problem with it is the Golics. When Jr. said ‘that uniform won a national championship,’ did Sr. or Jr. ever win a national championship? It looks like they got the wrong Golic.

III may be the worst movie ever, everyone just going thru
by pjnuge  (2022-07-27 14:50:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the motions for contractural obligation (I assume), not funny at all. Worse than Bonfire of the Vanities and Joe vs the Volcano, even.

Both 2 and 3 were terrible *
by Groundhog  (2022-07-27 23:42:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I enjoyed 2.
by VT2ND  (2022-07-28 10:16:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe it had something to do with having seen it immediately on my return from my first trip to Bangkok. Flashbacks, man.

I liked 2 as well.
by doolinbanjos  (2022-07-29 05:42:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They took it even more over the top, and it worked. I have no desire to seem them try to out-do 2.

If that's what it took to get 1 and 2, though
by mocopdx  (2022-07-27 15:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well worth it.

No, they didn't
by El Kabong  (2022-07-27 14:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jr. obviously did not. Sr. was a Faust player.

Sr.'s brother Bob won a title in 1977, but I don't think that was his jersey.

I'm guessing it was a jersey from 1988.

The 1977 jersey would have been green. *
by k-rock  (2022-07-27 17:34:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which if its '88 it would be Arnold Ale *
by 47Bolcar  (2022-07-27 15:24:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, what a shame to lose him to UCLA. Great talent.
by 512  (2022-07-27 15:50:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recall the distance and cold weather were not his thing.

Lou knew he's be gone when he saw him wearing a winter parka
by Moff  (2022-07-27 16:21:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

during the Fall

you on campus in 60 degree weather
by irishrock  (2022-07-27 16:36:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ale wearing gloves, winter coat, scarf, and a stocking hat.

That one week of nice weather in May after the long winter
by Moff  (2022-07-27 16:46:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was the best!

Dome on the shoulder suggests mid-90s practice jersey. *
by IrishGeek  (2022-07-27 15:08:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, that was from well after 1988. *
by Moff  (2022-07-27 16:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. (Spoiler/link).
by revressbo  (2022-07-27 13:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They lose their (white) friend Doug and find out he was taken for ransom. The exchange happens in the desert, but the Doug they get back is a different (black) Doug. They eventually piece together they left white Doug on the roof the night before and rescue him.

Pretty good ND version of The Hangover.
by art fern  (2022-07-27 15:24:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One thing I noticed. There were foul, even vulgar language in the real Hangover. I know it's Las Vegas; but did you ever hear us using such profane language, especially about a football game. On campus, we would never use such filthy language.

Based on your language sensitivities, I would advise you
by Freight Train  (2022-07-27 15:59:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not to watch any of The Hangover movies. Unless of course, my sarcasm meter is broken regarding your post.

I don't use smiley faces. *
by art fern  (2022-07-27 16:37:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The video has over 1M views today, so it's getting eyeballs. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-07-27 13:10:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Over 2 million views now. *
by Tommy Baseball  (2022-07-27 19:24:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ken Jeong retweeted it with approval.
by ProfKid93  (2022-07-27 15:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So that's nice.

He made a 30-for-30 short on Reggie Ho.
by tdiddy07  (2022-07-27 15:52:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He may or may not be inclined to support us based on, or as an inspiration for, making that connection.

It is getting good reviews from all over
by mocopdx  (2022-07-27 13:24:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not just ND people- all sorts of CFB media, recruits, random fans of opposing teams etc.

It feels weird to be A. liked, and B. cool, re:Notre Dame football. Freeman just shits all over BK in these two regards.

What, you don’t like BK’s accent and dance moves? *
by JBrock18  (2022-07-27 18:26:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get off my lawn.
by DillonFightSong  (2022-07-27 12:31:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This video doesn't do much for me, but it's not embarrassing, and the kids seem to like it. Following college football in 2022, I increasingly feel like Burt Reynolds in the second half of Boogie Nights.

Disappointing from this 80’s alum’s viewpoint
by sjdomer  (2022-07-27 20:51:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t think it was entertaining and makes me think we’re trying so hard to be like all the programs that so many on this board rail against on so many levels. Would much prefer the ND I knew staying true to itself than trying to fit into what college football has become.

And what's Rock doing in those car ads? Focus on Drake! *
by Keenan4w  (2022-07-28 09:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same. I suppose it's well done.
by tdiddy07  (2022-07-27 15:55:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But why it was done is a little murky. I don't think it's going to bring new eyeballs to the actual game, so it comes across as just a bit self-absorbed to think the world cares about the Shamrock Series generally, or that game in particular, enough to put in the production value that was needed to make that. But our student-athletes and coaches come across well. And there was marginal entertainment value.

ND can use it as a way to help with NIL.
by MobileIrish  (2022-07-27 16:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m assuming the players did not receive any compensation for the video. The video certainly helps Mayer and Foskey gain recognition. They could potentially use that recognition for future NIL deals and professional endorsements. ND has a lot to offer in terms of NIL that doesn’t require murky payments from collectives.

I feel like Wilford Brimley at the Teen Choice Awards
by Tex Francisco  (2022-07-27 13:42:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I now find this entirely relatable.

I have a thought exercise
by crazychester  (2022-07-27 11:51:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I'll stipulate up front that it might be directly proscribed in the NIL rules.

What is to stop ND from directly paying (exorbitantly) Foskey and Mayer as actors for their work here.

The schools can’t directly pay.
by Bruno95  (2022-07-27 12:44:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite being the entity that profits the most from using their names, images, and likenesses.

What's the source of the prohibition at this point?
by ndtnguy  (2022-07-27 14:36:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that still an NCAA rule? For how much longer?

Post it to YouTube, sell ads, distribute ad revenues to
by Freight Train  (2022-07-27 13:19:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

players. That's one way to get around it.

Could Under Armor or NBC make this video
by miamioh_irishfan  (2022-07-27 12:46:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

distribute it (I assume ND wouldn't be allowed to put it out on their own channels), use the ND brand and pay the players?

Well done. *
by KeoughCharles05  (2022-07-27 11:17:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Compared to the beginning of Kelly’s tenure (link)
by sirket  (2022-07-27 10:20:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was waiting to be embarassed for our school,
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-07-27 10:06:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and it never happened.

Unis are great, love the details and font. If you're going with a 3rd uni, put the effort in (a la Arsenal's bruised banana).

the unis are cool, for Georgia Tech *
by 84david  (2022-07-28 09:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have godawful taste
by ACross  (2022-07-28 00:11:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand this nothing new for you. Who would wear two polo shirts?

Can’t stand gold numbers on white. *
by IrishGeek  (2022-07-27 10:39:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has the blue trim, though *
by El Kabong  (2022-07-27 11:57:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Granted, not as bad as early aughts Saints uniforms. *
by IrishGeek  (2022-07-27 13:42:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Makes it pop. *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-07-27 12:48:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UGH I once covered a game when I worked at the Times-Pic
by 47Bolcar  (2022-07-27 11:10:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in New Orleans. John Curtis vs. Kinder. Kinder had white jerseys with yellow numbers, no trim on the numbers. I covered the game - at night - from the sideline and it was STILL hard to see the numbers.

Fortunately, Kinder ran the true option and Curtis hammered them in the playoff game.

The Freakbass team must have retired. This was well done
by 512  (2022-07-27 09:32:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and funny.

Though it lacks a certain Brian creeping on recruits vibe.

very well done
by irishrock  (2022-07-27 13:47:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't find any fault with it

Cacaw!!! *
by hepcat  (2022-07-27 08:59:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought that was awesome
by Dvpgm  (2022-07-27 08:53:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MF is bringing a much different energy to Notre Dame football

That was surprisingly well done.
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2022-07-27 09:25:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bravo!

Hard to imagine any of his predecessors in that video *
by Boston Domer  (2022-07-27 09:17:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly would have.
by revressbo  (2022-07-27 09:27:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would have been cringeworthy, not genuine and horribly unfunny, but he would have done it.

I don’t think anyone before him would have.

Kelly would have played the role of Chow
by pmcdnd96  (2022-07-27 12:11:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For one very very small, but specific, reason.

It’s funny ‘cause he’s fat *
by golfjunkie17  (2022-07-27 17:38:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, we know he can do accents. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-07-27 14:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't mind if someone stuffed him in a f'n trunk *
by akaRonMexico  (2022-07-27 13:11:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'd have looked a lot different in that shirt *
by ufl  (2022-07-27 10:01:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The "ironic" Golden Dome?
by Ed Smith Lizard of Doom  (2022-07-27 08:46:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess it bears repeating: spell check is *not* the same as proofreading.

Mayer's shirt was the best part. *
by akaRonMexico  (2022-07-27 08:45:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Foskey had the three-wolf moon on his
by jddomer  (2022-07-27 11:19:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should have sent him the 3 Holtz Moon to wear.

I laughed * *
by alleghenyirish  (2022-07-27 08:44:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post